Something new for Maker Faire

You guys get to have all the fun up there…I think you need to seriously consider a show in Houston. :slight_frown:

Just sayin…

4 Likes

It really seems to be screaming along at that 600 dpi. Did they say how many ipm speed was being used on that engrave?

Per the Glowforge Technical Specifications page: “Engraving at 1000 DPI with 256 power levels”, so unless that has changed and not been updated to the website, I’d guess 1000 is probably still the fair number.

2 Likes

That walking beast is sooo cool. I ran by it on a quick lunch break but I didn’t get to see it moving, thanks for posting this!

3 Likes

I am curious… is yellow a “blindspot” in the camera always, or was it just during this operation you had it toss out yellow?

I am thinking that in some rare cases someone may be presented with artwork and an engrave request, and the art might have important details all in yellow (I don’t know, a kid’s fingerpainting?.. as I said… outlier case, just idle curiosity)

We’re not filtering for yellow particularly - it’s just very light and so it is discarded, along with shadows and other visual noise.

re: DPI/LPI, we’re trying to overdeliver as much as we can. :wink: But that’s not an official announcement… At the show, though, we’re running at draft mode, which is 225 lpi. Prints are averaging 3.5 min.

12 Likes

DFW too!

1 Like

@dan, A thought just recently struck me:

Was this template idea the brainchild of a single (or small group of) staffer? I am sure the community would happily pour out some well-earned accolades.

4 Likes

Um… I think the template idea originally came out of a @Tony and Dan whiteboard session.

But you don’t owe us accolades or anything else. We owe you a Glowforge! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I was talking with a fellow Glowforge customer at the Maker Faire about the templates (chime in if it’s you) and he mentioned that this type of thing would be great for parties or what have you once we get our machines. Could something like this be in the catalogue?

12 Likes

Great suggestion for the catalog hopper! (cc @Tony @MStruve)

6 Likes

This came up when I was chatting with a few other Glowforge Owners on Saturday too (I had such a fantastic time at my first Maker Faire BTW :)). Feedback heard loud and clear!

8 Likes

That was me!

2 Likes

Can the vector cuts on something like the luggage tag be ordered such that it cuts the holes before the perimeter?

1 Like

Hi Dan, This sounds great. I plan to attend the New York maker faire. Do you have the schedule yet for that talk to be given at NY? I am wondering if I should get tickets for Saturday or Sunday or weekend. Would appreciate if you can let me know the schedule of all presentations that will be given by Glowforge team. I found the presentation time for Seatle in one of the links but not for NY.

Thanks in advance!

I think Dan already posted that he’ll only be there Saturday and leaving the rest of the team to fend for themselves on Sunday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The schedule is up! If you want to see the talk, you want to go Saturday.
Aww, I’m gona miss it :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Just watching the youtube reports I was thinking the same. We do fundraisers for childhood cancer, and I would LOVE to do something like this… would be fun and amazing and might raise a bit of coin for our cause.

Also great at parties… the possibilities in crowds make me more and more sure that I will save and protect that rather expensive shipping box.

3 Likes

Thanks for the name tag!

26 Likes

I want one of those nametags! :blush:

7 Likes

You will have a Glowforge soon and will be able to make a bunch of them.

7 Likes