Starting point for my cut is WAY OFF

This problem started off small and somewhat forgivable, but this is ridiculous… it’s cutting no where close to where I placed my design. I don’t know why, but I feel if this was done in a dedicated software rather than my browser, it would be placed perfectly…

2 Likes

Your post is a complaint and not a problem report. If you wish assistance of any kind, a detailed explanation with the steps taken and preferably pictures are needed.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Which browser are you using? There are some bugs where the position of the bed image can be shifted significantly on some browsers. It happens in Firefox and Safari and probably some others. I’d recommend using Chrome if you aren’t already.

As of the last day or two Safari is working fine for me at zoom levels of 66%, 100%, and 150%, but the bed image is shifted significantly to the left at 200% and above. It is more subtle and less consistent in Firefox, but is frequently a problem there too. This bug doesn’t seem to affect Chrome.

3 Likes

Those bugs are going to keep biting people. Maybe they should pop up a warning when you aren’t using Chrome. Letting you use a browser with known bugs that can waste materials is not a great user experience.

5 Likes

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with your prints.

We’re still improving our layout and alignment, so your print may appear offset from where you put it by up to a quarter inch. For the most accurate alignment results:

• Use Proofgrade materials
  • Enter the thickness of the material if it’s not Proofgrade
  • Use material that is not warped or tilted
  • Place your design near the center of the bed
  • Reboot the machine if you see the alignment drifting

If you’re still seeing a large offset, please do the following:

1. When the print finishes, without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
  2. Send us the screenshot along with the date and time of the print

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.