Straw holder

For those of you alarmed by the disappearing straws in restaurants… I totally agree this is a good thing for the environment! However, when you can’t lift a heavy water glass to your mouth and are reduced to tilting it at an angle; hunch your shoulders; tuck in your chin; and try to sip the top third of your water without tipping the whole thing in your lap…
You need to start carrying a reusable straw around!
A dear friend gave me one of those nice stainless steel straws, but when your purse is smaller than the straw what’s one to do? I needed a way to carry it with me …
For anyone else with the same dilemma; or just wishes to carry their own straw around; just a simple design; probably works on any PG medium acrylic; may or may not need a drop of glue.

For personal use only as per forum rules!

straw.svg.zip (2.0 KB)

Fits this straw for sure, and probably many others:

p.s. Wondering how I can lift the Glowforge lid? I stick my entire right forearm underneath the lip and heft away…

36 Likes

That is an awesome idea and design! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t call it awesome, but sure is practical - and it matches my purse! I knew there was a reason to get black :proofgrade: acrylic.

That gets my nod for “awesome” - I guess people’s mileage will vary :smiley:

4 Likes

Really nice design. Now we have to start working on a hydraulic lift for your GF. I never thought about it but that cover is not easy an easy lift.

5 Likes

How thoughtful of you to even think it. I just consider it my daily exercise. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I have been married 30 years. I do not understand that sentence…

:smile:

9 Likes

Delightful design! :grinning:

3 Likes

Haha! I slowly had to downsize and further downsize due to mobility issues. It is amazing how little one needs - it is freeing really! Try to convince your wife of that … :grin:

2 Likes

Nope… then she wouldn’t be able to carry my cigar case for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This a really good idea. Like the black acrylic. I need to get some. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool solution!

If you find that the acrylic doesn’t hold up well to getting banged up with everyday wear and tear, you could always make one out of leather.

3 Likes

HA! I love it!!!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This would also work for wizards to carry their wands or calligraphers their quills. Works great with your small purse, and would be quick to do in cork fabric.

5 Likes

Good idea! I thought acrylic would lend itself to being rinsed out every now and then. Otherwise I would have avoided using one form of plastic to avoid using another.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a multi purpose holder!!! Great ideas.

1 Like

Also bio-degradable ones available.

4 Likes

I have a decent sized soft container that hooks to the side of my power chair. I carry several permanent straws including silver and stainless steel but metal bothers my teeth. As it turns out the containers for the nebulizer meds are a good size to fit the stainless steel straw and not creep my teeth out.

2 Likes

I only carry a tiny crossbody purse and it is freeing. All I carry is my wallet, keys, phone, and my son’s epi-pen.

This is a great idea. Thanks for the share!

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the heads up and link!

1 Like