Stuck in Scanning/Centering

Hello, I have a Glowforge Pro and it got stuck in scanning and centering, I don’t know what to do, and I cleaned everything that I am supposed to clean, I already turned off the computer, the router the printer, I did the initial configuration again … Please , I need help.

You might want to check the cable connections to see that they are all secure. Instructions for doing that are here:

Yes, I already did that and everything seems to be in place. :frowning:

Well, in that case you might need to let support take a look at the logs. There is a recent common issue with wires breaking in a cable in the lid. (Can’t be seen from outside, but they can get stressed if the lid is opened fully upright.)

It can be replaced easily by the customer. But they have to look at the logs to see if that’s the cause of the problem.

Sit tight till they see your post. Hopefully it will be a simple fix.

2 Likes

I had this due to a magnet that was stuck on the arm behind the head… and sometimes it can get confused if it’s too bright, or there’s material on the bed…

Whatever the cause, hope you can get it resolved soon!

1 Like

That magnet you mention belongs to the machine?

No, not GF issue, it was a magnet (or stack of 2) that I use to hold down thin materials–I sometimes had set them on the black bar (it’s AL) between set ups, and apparently I still had one there the next time the bar/head moved, and the magnet got attracted to the ferrous silver block the cable runs over on the left side behind the head.

These magnets are only about 1/8" thick and 3/16x3/4 (though I usually stack 2), and being silver themselves, very hard to see, until I had the crumb tray door open and looked up at the head from very low angle & finally saw their shape.

Once I got these back off, the GF resumed without issue. So glad it wasn’t a more complicated repair job!

3 Likes

Thanks for your help @Jules!

@atarrayaworks I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. After extracting the logs of your Glowforge I found that the issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, and I’ll follow up with you shortly via email with the next steps.

1 Like