My Glowforge is stuck in Scanning. Do I just wait for Support to look at my logs in order to proceed now?
I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with being stuck scanning.
I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and saw you’ve been printing since contacting us. Could you please let us know if you are still having any trouble?
The issue went away, but I don’t know how or why. Is there anything I can do to help speed up the diagnostic process if this happens again the future?
The issue is occurring again now. Can you check the logs for me, please?
I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag once again. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge for review, and it appears that your unit is experiencing an unstable connection to your network, and is disconnecting during the scanning process.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email email@example.com.