I just finished a big run on my GF and it was looking really grimy, so I cleaned it yesterday, as I have done several times, including doing fan maintenance. When I turned it back on, it had trouble focusing, but I reseated the lens and it click-click-clicked to focus, which seemed normal, but then didn’t do anything once it went to “Centering” mode.
Several tries of reseating the lens and printer head, moving the arm with the power off, checking cable connections, etc. hasn’t done anything to get me past that.
- I cleaned the unit thoroughly
- Had initial problems with focusing, but it seems to focus OK now
- Once it reaches the “Centering” step online, it gets stuck
- The arm does not move
Here’s what I’ve done:
- Followed all the advice on this support page with no luck
- Turned the unit off and on several times
- Tried leaving it on for at least half an hour with lid up
- Reset the wifi
- Checked all cable connections, they look fine
- Cleaned all lenses at least 3x, including camera
- Turned off overhead lights so there’s no glare
- Cleaned printer head connections and checked connector was secure
- Moved the printer head to the middle of the unit
- Note: I have had longer “centering” times when the unit was too cold, but the garage is warmed up and the unit is at room temperature.
One other thing I tried was going into Fan Maintenance mode again and moving the arm. It properly moved the arm to the front of the unit.
Did I mess something up when cleaning? Is there a way to check the logs for that? I don’t see any mechanical issues based on the various threads I’ve read on centering issues.