Succesful stainless steel flask engraving / marking!

I use the stainless from Amazon and though looked etched I ended up blasting them instead. Straight stainless didn’t do anything in glowforge. I did notice in this feed it was either sprayed or coated with something or it powder coated. What was used for straight out stainless.

I believe that was the Cermark described in the first post. (It’s a spray on product.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a silly question, but you have to prep the powder coated flasks with anything first like with Cermark or are they good to engrave as is?

Powder coated flasks are ready to go with no additional prep. (You’re engraving off the powder coating.)

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you so much

Sorry, i just seen this. I bought black powder coated flasks and engraved off the powder coat since the glowforge cannot engrave metal and cermark costs alot i decided that was the better way to go for me. I am not sure of the settings off hand.

@jcg6433 Can you provide the link to this post in BTM that provides the settings? It looks awesome by the way!

1 Like
1 Like