Sugar lace for Valentine’s Day

Fascinating. Another field of use that I would have never come up with given a thousand years alone. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

More inspirational work! Oh if only there was more time in the day!

4 Likes

Beautiful cookies! Wonderful write-up! Thank you!

2 Likes

Very creative!
What settings did you use?

Settings for non-Proofgrade materials can not be discussed in this forum, only in Beyond the Manual.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

1 Like

So many clever people in this community! What a fantastic idea - your cookie lace turned out perfectly!

1 Like

I put the settings in Beyond the Manual in this post.

4 Likes

Okay, this is an amazing idea with a fantastic results! Thank you for sharing the idea, the project, and the settings in Beyond the Manual.

1 Like

Fellow baker here…and just, wow! I’m totally going to try this. Have you made any deboss stamps for fondant? I’m dying to try that!

1 Like

I haven’t tried that. Go for it!

Hungarians obviously have too much time on their hands. :wink:

3 Likes

I checked out the link to the edible paper and I never thought I’d see serving size and calories for paper.

Mom: “Ok, young man, you’ve had enough. Get ready for bed.”
Son: “But I’m still hungry. Just one more sheet? Please!”
Mom: “One more sheet. If you eat that whole pack in one day you’re going to get fat.”

7 Likes

What other baking related things do you make with your GF? I love using digital tools in conjunction with baking!

1 Like

There are many about. I made a holder for yogurt cups but much more is about for the search.

And I still cannot find the one I was looking for but found several I never knew! :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Wonderful piece. Could you tell me what setting you used to engrave on the silicone mat? Thank you! Kim

@cynd11 shared those settings already:

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 11.25.53 PM

Click the word “here” in that line at the bottom of her post and, it will take you straight to the post with the settings.

1 Like

the word doesn’t click for me, not sure if anyone else is having the same issue, I’m on Firefox on a Macbook

Hmmm. If links are not working for you, try searching the forum for “Settings for silicone food mat engraving.”

2 Likes

Are you clicking the blue word “here” in @cynd11’s post at the top of this thread or, are you trying to click the blue word here in the my screen shot image of the line from @cynd11’s post?

The former absolutely works, including on my MacBook in Firefox. The later absolutely does not work anywhere because that image is not a link.

In the interest of not protracting this, here is another direct link to the post with the settings:

Good grief.

I came across my unopened box from Amazon that had the baking mat and the edible paper. and was like “where the heck did I get the idea to order this…”

spelled silicone with an extra i first time. Sheesh I have fat fingers.

thanks for this tip. now I have to figure out how to bake the cookies etc. on the sly.

2 Likes