Support Messages and Email Unanswered!

Hi. How long does it typically take to get a response to a message or email sent to support? I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing there. So I am assuming that no one has seen or responded.

I have a cracked wheel on my print head assembly (I don’t know what this is technically called) and my machine is cutting all wavy and wonky. I have paid orders to fill and really need to know how long this takes to get fixed. I have had my machine since this May and have ran it maybe 5 hours total.

Unfortunately, right now we don’t know. Glowforge doesn’t know either. There are all kinds of supply related problems right now due to COVID shutdowns across the country.

The way Glowforge typically handles things by policy is to contact you when they have procured the part you need, to get the information on where to send it. (At 3 months, you’re still under warranty - it won’t cost you anything.) But if you did not receive an automated email response to your email through the system, then a ticket wasn’t created for you. By posting here in Problems and Support, it will open a ticket for you as soon as they see it.

So they will probably contact you soon…this new topic you created does cover the eventuality that your email didn’t reach them.

It’s several days at a minimum to get a replacement part to you, and might be longer than that depending on other factors, so you need to work that into your order planning. Sorry for the bad news, but hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

3 Likes

Thank so much! They did just send me an email so someone must have found my original message from yesterday! I at least now can tell my customers that help is on the way! :smiley:

1 Like

@heatherp I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.