Surprisingly paid off the glowforge :)

So inspiring. They are like shadow boxes. I just started doing layers, and this gives me some ideas of how to mount them. Congratulations making such beautiful art.

1 Like

Adding a lot more color to future projects. Stacking acrylic cuts adds some awesome depth as well.

25 Likes

Truly stunning work.

3 Likes

Wow. Great artwork inspiring!

Could you share abit more about your proccess to get the 2-3 layers of depth?

Is it a ā€œnormalā€ inkjet cutout you have behind the acrylic?

How do you fix the layers on to eachother for the final piece?

Thanks. Yes, inkjet photo adhered to the back of an acrylic cutout with a spray adhesive. Whichever image you wish to layer make sure your work paths extend about 1/4 of an inch into the next layer to give a surface to glue to. Since itā€™s not load bearing regular super glue should suffice. Also, if you are mounting it somewhere, i place spacers underneath the top layer so there is extra support underneath. Really depends on the size though.

7 Likes

These are incredible!!! Nice job paying off the machine! Iā€™m just getting started but am so excited!

1 Like

OMGoshā€¦ probably the best work I have seen yet on the community (sorry all) LOL
Iā€™d love to see a tutorialā€¦ Hellā€¦ Iā€™d pay for a file!!

1 Like

Thanks! :sunglasses: I do a lot of custom work so if you want me to put together a project for you let me know and ill package the svg files for you ready to print. As far as a tutorial: photoshop and illustratorā€¦ as much as you can learn, haha.

3 Likes

Thanks, couldnā€™t do it without you guys!

Absolutely amazing work. Just beautiful.

Here is the finished product of the rough draft I posted above. High visibility on this one, hopefully there arenā€™t any problems, haha.

17 Likes

Your stuff is the most amazing that I have seen. We have only been at it a month, and we are challenged when it comes to anything ā€œcomputerā€, but we aspire to do what you have been able to do!

2 Likes

Welcome welcome, keep at it and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll produce some amazing projects :slight_smile: and if you need any help, donā€™t be a stranger. Thereā€™s almost always someone around the forum :slight_smile:

Wow! Great detail! Love the layers!

Very well done. Nice composition. :sunglasses:

Thank you

Thank you! Good luck, and let me know if I can help with anything

They are beautiful I was just try to read up on thatā€¦ My son is in the navy and he was with the special ops team rivion 3 det1. I would love to learn how to do something like this for him and his friends

Sounds good, let me know if I can help