#tech #help 2nd New machine keeps making resetup wifi

Please check error codes. Think this is the 3rd time I’ve been offline since plugin. No cuts yet.

I was having the same issue when i got machine a few years back. Found out that the Wi-Fi signal must be more than the 2.4 GHz band. I had mine on my 5 GHz and it kept kicking me off.

Just a thought

Second machine and I am beyond frustrated. I’ve tried the resets of wifi, used different hotspot, nothing worked. I have orders, you guys got your money a loong time ago now I need to make mine.

I don’t want this to go on any later and not get #support

1 Like

I checked and tried a different connection, speed is fine with both. Last machine I was told it wasn’t wifi but the ribbon cable even though it wouldn’t stay connected just like this time

1 Like

Lack of support is beyond annoying I wish I would have understood how bad they are before I got my
Machine!!

1 Like

Me too. It appears if you open an email they respond? I have an excellent reputation with my silhouette creations of vinyl, leather, t-shirts, hand burning etc - you name it… I market these types of products trusting a $4000 machine will have no issues and then this TWICE!! I do not want to be petty and mention price; however, when you ask $4000 for home equipment it’s beyond reasonable to expect it works (especially after the 2nd machine).

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the “offline” message.

Typically, once you’ve connected your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network and started printing, you don’t need to go through the Wi-Fi setup steps again unless your network name or password changes, or you want to connect to a different network. I checked your logs and it looks like your Glowforge has connected successfully to our servers multiple times today.

Could you please do the following for me?

1. Exit the web browser you are using.

2. Turn off your Glowforge.

3. Wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Turn on your Glowforge. (Please do not touch the button on top of the Glowforge - only the switch on the back).

5. Once the Glowforge is on, wait two minutes so it can calibrate and apply any necessary updates.

6. Open your web browser and navigate to app.glowforge.com

7. If your dashboard loads with designs, you’re all set - you can start printing! If you see anything else, let me know.

8. If you are still having trouble, post a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Glowforge App and I’ll continue to investigate.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Just made my first cut. It appears to be working. What were the errors? The first machine did this too.

That’s great news that you’ve been able to print! I reviewed the logs from your printer again and didn’t see any errors on our end. When your Glowforge powers on, it may download and apply a software update. The amount of time it this takes can vary.

It’s possible that this process was interrupted by entering the unit into Wi-Fi setup again. When your Glowforge is in Wi-Fi setup mode, that will disconnect it from our servers and interrupt this process.

Since this was resolved, I’m going to close this post. If you run into any more trouble, please let us know by starting a new post or emailing us at support@glowforge.com. We’re always to help!