Text2Vector (Free Vector Text Generator)

Excellent ! I think I have never clicked on these three dots before !!
It works perfectly - thanks for your help and for taking the time to make such a usefull tool!
Not for the first time am I humbled how people contribute to the community !!

1 Like

I just create things that are useful for myself, and share them with the community. I am always glad when someone else finds them useful or fun!

P.S. - I didnā€™t know that trick either! @eflyguy taught it to me!

2 Likes

Awesome :sunflower: thanks so much for sharing :grinning:

2 Likes

I have a lot of commercial use fonts ā€” is there a way we can integrate them on our own?

1 Like

I do not know much about normal font filesā€¦

If they are SVG fonts, it could be easy. If not, I have no idea how to do it.

OTF and TTF are font file types

1 Like

I will have to do some research. I donā€™t know much about those file types or how they work.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish. You can easily convert those fonts in a vector editing program. Maybe there is a use case that I am not thinking of, I just assumed that this tool was an easy way to produce single stroke text labels for scoring.

1 Like

I install them, then they are available for use in your design programs. Either OTF or TTF will work.

3 Likes

Ahā€¦ I think I misunderstood. If you are just trying to use fonts you already have, you should use an image editing software (like @bwente and @Jules mentioned above.) I was trying to figure out how to integrate it with my applicationā€¦ and that just doesnā€™t make sense.

My application for creating simple single-line vector graphics based on text. It does not convert font files to SVG.

2 Likes

Hey @bill.m.davis - had you considered making a dashed line version for a ā€œstitchedā€ appearance? (Looks like a great little app BTW, if I ever get back to making things Iā€™m gonna install it and give it a whirl.)

2 Likes

It would be pretty difficult to make a ā€œstitchedā€ look that works on the :glowforge:.

You can use a ā€œdashedā€ line style for the SVG, but :glowforge: does not pay attention to those attributes (as far as I am aware).

4 Likes

Yeah, I have to create a specialty brush to pull it off in AI. I was just wondering if it could be done.
(Itā€™s okayā€¦just thinking out loud.)

2 Likes

Itā€™s quick and easy in Inkscape. Take the output produced by this util, apply the stroke style (Dashed) you want, then use ā€œStroke to pathā€.

Iā€™m sure Jules knows how to do this in AI as well. Posting here more for the benefit of others reading who might want to use this effect.

5 Likes

Does the :glowforge: score it like that? I thought I read somewhere that it doesnā€™t pay attention to stroke styles?

Thatā€™s not a stroke style after converting to path. It converts it into individual segments.

The single-path text has 69 nodes, converted using the first dashed option as shown, it has 1,968 (at that scale, would depend heavily on size of text and dash spacing).

2 Likes

Wow, yeah, I am not even going to try to replicated that. That would be a LOT of work.

If that is the desired result, use an image editor. There is nothing simple about that.

Iā€™ve never tried it, but it would be fun to see if the GF will roughly follow the path of those segments, or just randomly fly all over the placeā€¦

Here, hold my beerā€¦

2 Likes

(actual print time was 2:40, and the text is 6.2" wide)

The result:

4 Likes

That looks cool, but this free tool will not do that. You will have to do that in an image editor.