That scared me

I was in the kitchen, the next room over from the mighty Glowforge. I had sent a print command, but I was waiting to start it until I was off the phone with my mom. About 10 minutes later, I heard the forge start up all by itself. I was thinking a short circuit in the magic glowing button, or maybe the ghost in the house started it. Nope, it was the cat. He jumped up on the table and hit the button.

24 Likes

Probably didn’t do much for the cat either!

3 Likes

It did teach me a lesson about not sending the print command to the glowforge before I am ready to start the burn.

3 Likes

That’s a clever kitty! (Be careful…they are out to take over the world, you know.) :smile:

2 Likes

Wanna keep the cat off? Try tinfoil.

15 Likes

Dannnnng! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(Had to replay that a few times.)

5 Likes

Kitties don’t like surprises.

2 Likes

… or cucumbers.

5 Likes

Back when we first got our glowforge we sent something to print but had to go to the store so rather than start a 30 minute print we decided to go to the store then come back and press the button.

We came back to a completed print, thanks to our cat. We never did that again.

12 Likes

Yikes. I am just glad that I heard the fan start up. I had an inline fan that I never would have heard, but took it apart to clean the other day and haven’t reconnected it all yet.

3 Likes

Just make an escutcheon with a lid :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You should invest in The Oatmeal’s survival guide, it could come in handy.

https://theoatmeal.com/misc/frame/cat_kill

2 Likes

This is hilarious… I think there was a conversation about this at some point. Never thought it would actually happen!

I got the book on Kindle and the center poster doesn’t pull out! What a scam. It’s a rip-off? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s punny right there, I don’t care who ya are.

1 Like

Until they make cat-sized safety glasses that cat’s gotta stay outa there. Rules are rules.

3 Likes

Have you seen the first episode of “Love, Death and Robots” on Netflix? If not you REALLY need to.

5 Likes

No, are there kitties? (Have to see if I can find that.) :smile:

1 Like

Yes, three robots are walking post-human earth, two of the bots are describing what it was like living with humans, to the 3rd bot. Then they happen upon cats…

3 Likes

I sense another rabbit hole ahead. :laughing:

3 Likes