In honor of my happy Cake Day , I’m sharing this design. Months ago @bbum experimented with Mathematica to export SVGs of mandalas and I sorted through thousands of them to pick just one. Thanks, @bbum! Cleaned it up and deleted the outer parts to come up with a really nice result.
For personal use only as per forum rules!
curveball cube.svg.zip (38.8 KB)
- I used medium basswood ply.
- The mandala on the sides can either be set to cut or engrave; both give a nice result.
- The cube only goes together if you stick to the diagram.
- I line the bottom of the box with a little piece of felt.
- The lid has an engrave on the top and on the inside. Run the print job first with the Curveball text step ignored; then, open the lid, carefully pry loose the lid without moving the sheet, and turn over and lay it back down. Set all steps to ignore, except for the Curveball text step and run.
If you’re interested in the mandala patterns, you can find loads in this post!