The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

I thought Rogue One was just a cheesy attempt for Disney to make money off of the Star Wars franchise. I’m sorry if I’m wrong. I guess I don’t understand the story line. - Rich

1 Like

Rogue One is a stand-alone (i.e. not a “Saga” picture) in the “Story” line. Future movies in this line will include a young Han Solo movie and possibly a Boba Fett movie.

Disney has every right to make money off of Star Wars, they paid a ton for the rights… as long as they make quality pictures, I’ll plop my money down every time. Same goes for Marvel movies.

The story for Rogue One is the stealing of the Death Star plans, so it is a kind of prequel to Episode IV.

3 Likes

I see…yeah, I usually plunk my money down too…:slight_smile: - Rich

6 Likes

From Yoda by Weird Al
(Sung to the tune of Lola by the Kinks)

Well, I heard my friends really got in a mess
So I’m gonna have to leave Yoda, I guess
But I know that I’ll be coming back some day
I’ll be playing this part 'till I’m old and grey

The long-term contract that I had to sign
Says I’ll be making these movies till the end of time
With my Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda

11 Likes

Heh, heh … - Rich
Got warned on that one…

1 Like

You’re ahead of me by one. We were a little late trying to book our Thursday night tickets, so the family and I am going Friday, then again Sunday, taking some of our boys friends with us. I’m sure over the holidays there will be at least two or three more showings for us!

1 Like

14 Likes

13 Likes

Where “facebook” = “any social media” :imp:

17 Likes

EXACTLY!! That is the only way…(from either end of the political spectrum) :grinning: - Rich

1 Like

This is why I have a dog as a pet and not a cat :grin:

12 Likes

And that’s why we don’t set up a tree. We decorate strategically.

2 Likes

Haha! We booted our tree outside on the other side of a French door/window. Not because the cats would climb the tree (which we fully expected and we’re okay with) but because they started chewing on it. That’s fine, now the needles are where they belong, the tree lasts a lot longer out there, and we have remote-operated lights so we can sit and enjoy the tree from a chair in front of the window.

19 Likes

So you already know the cat’s Master Plan. :grin: - Rich

4 Likes

For several years the bottom third of our tree was ornament free as the dog tails would sweep it clean.

4 Likes

Yeah, but dogs wag their tails 'cause they love you…cats have a Master Plan. :grinning: - Rich

12 Likes

No argument here.

2 Likes

One of my very favorite films…

I once had a job crushing cans; it was soda pressing.

17 Likes