The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

15 Likes

20 Likes

We are supposed to get up to 1/2" of ice this evening through tomorrow. Last time that happened, the power was off for 3 days.

I thought I would pass the time by poking around on my computer, but it runs on electricity so I won’t be able to use it. I’m going to run to town and try to find a diesel computer before the storm hits.

19 Likes

Slowly gravitating to the lowest levels in his deposition, Jon was viewed by the court as leading a sedimentary life.

a @volivaa original

9 Likes

You guys slate me…roflmao !

9 Likes

Not a joke, but a true story. At 12 years old, and like so many kids, my parents forced me to choose and learn a musical instrument. At that time assumed only bad Karma could have placed me in the same home with a full sized accordion. Took lessons for about 2 years until puberty became the reminder that I would never find a girlfriend playing something so uncool as that polka pushing bagpipe wannabe. So I switched to something more mainstream, the banjo, and have been learning obscure Appalachian square dance tunes ever since. Sure glad I learned my lesson.

An elderly musician once asked me, “what do you say when you see a good looking woman on the arm of a banjo player? …Nice tattoo.”

31 Likes

Well if we are going to start with the banjo jokes…

What do you think when you see a banjo up to its neck in sand?

Not enough sand.

13 Likes

Fidler conventions were new to a long-haired rock and roller like me. Every campfire had a fidle, banjo, guitar and moonshine.
Nothing like listening to Foggy Mountain Breakdown under the stars. :heart:

15 Likes

Banjo jokes are too easy. Let’s make one up… Tuning a banjo is like updating a PC from Windows 95. It is theoretically possible, but why bother?

20 Likes

I’m a day late, but this is still funny:

13 Likes

Can’t remember if we have done this one:

Wife texts husband on a cold winter’s morning:
“Windows frozen, won’t open.”
Husband texts back:
“Gently pour some lukewarm water over it.”
Wife texts back 5 minutes later:
“Computer is really screwed up now.”

23 Likes

What is the greatest sound a banjo ever Made?
The sound it makes when it hits the accordion as it is thrown into the dumpster!

14 Likes

Clearly you don’t know the great Joe Soprani. He’ll actually make you enjoy the accordion!

3 Likes

LOL…I can actually see that happening… :laughing: - Rich

Things that make me go “Hmmmm”… for all you Atlanta Falcon fans… shouldn’t it be “Julie-O Jones” or “Hulio Hones”? Hmmm

Gonna stick my neck out here and say that I like banjo music :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

9 Likes

Uh-oh. Will hit 80,000 posts read tomorrow. Just did the math. Number of hours spent reading the forum times hourly rate if I had been working. Luckily the wife is an artist and not a statistician.

17 Likes

As long as I don’t hear it while canoeing down south in the backwoods…:fearful:

6 Likes

Happy Cake day. C’mon by. We’ll treat y’all real good.

38 Likes

Did somebody take the time to paint that rock like a turtle?! Wow. - Rich

5 Likes