The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

I’ve been scheming on a bit of brand consolidation. For years, I used “Infinite Monkeys Productions” for my personal projects.

Expanding from web design and training into 3D printing and (soon!) laser cutting, I decided to go with Infinite Monkeys Makers and worked with a certain well-known 'forger to create a logo and avatar. :wink:

I’ll be rolling this out to various outlets over the next year. I still consider this avocational, but who knows what the future holds, eh?

Not surprised that you and @Jules were the first to notice, btw…

10 Likes

Well, I tried in December, but didn’t make it in the building… :smirk:

2 Likes

Tell me again why you think you’re not funny? :smile:

10 Likes

Oh, he knows he can be funny. He just can’t tell if anybody else is! :laughing:

6 Likes

Maybe it’s like “Microsoft minutes” - I always use that term :grinning: (where 2 minutes to download goes up to 4 minutes, back to 1½ then to 3…)

10 Likes

Or the airlines.

Wait, it’s clocks those folks can’t read :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Can’t blame them, their heads are always in the clouds.

12 Likes

snortle! :smile:

6 Likes

29 Likes

This is one of the neatest things my brain ever did while I wasn’t using it… I’ll explain. One morning I woke up laughing. Turns out while I was asleep my brain came up with a really cool play on words. I was half asleep but remembered what it was. Of course, dreams make things seem plausible when they’re not in reality. But, in my half awake state, I thought it through… and I was pretty shocked to find it really did work! Here it is…

One manslaughter is another mans laughter.

(If it’s not immediately obvious, look at it again. This one’s about the written words, not the verbal sound of it.)

20 Likes

what a difference aspace makes!

15 Likes

True and commas save lives…

Let’s eat grandma!
vs.
Let’s eat, grandma!

21 Likes

“You can’t have a slaughter without a bit of laughter.”

Don’t know where from.

“Smiles” is the longest measurable word. There is a mile between the first and last letters.

Undead sorcerers: putting romance back into necromancy.

9 Likes

A few hours ago I was feeling really good. I was making a lot of progress at getting caught back up on the forums since I lost pace a week ago when I came down with a bad cold. I was getting a lot of treads read and making some good contributions. Then I realized it was a dream and that I not only wasn’t getting caught up but I was falling further behind as some of you really were awake making posts. And then I was frustrated. I hate those kinds of dreams.

17 Likes

Did you ever have the one where your Glowforge was delivered only to find out that the box was just a company shipping test filled with old phone books.

13 Likes

My dream would be along the lines of knowing the delivery was about to occur, but no matter how I tried, I couldn’t get there in time.

7 Likes

And seeing the FedEx truck fade off into the distance just as you pulled up to your driveway.

8 Likes

Mine would be that I’m wearing PJs and fluffy pink slippers (a recurring nightmare of mine) when it showed up.

2 Likes

Think the FedEx guy has had that nightmare at my house.

11 Likes

Could be worse… Answered by someone in their Birthday Suit :scream:

1 Like