"The Dungeon Master's Hoard" diorama

Hi Everyone! This one I think is my smallest, but one of the fullest, pieces I’ve done yet. 4" x 2" x 3.75". I had too much fun doing this, I couldn’t stop making and adding stuff, it was exciting and challenging to figure out how to make everything in here. I might still find a spot for a scroll or two. A lot of adventures in hot glue sculpting, the mimic was fun and he’s my new favorite pet now. For some reason, “Charlie” just seems to fit for a name…

Intersting bit, the goblet is modeled and painted after the Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade version of the Holy Grail and is made from an inside-out silicon ear bud. I used the GF to engrave/cut the shelf and shelf brackets, the sword, and the book stand, all from medium PF draftboard. The rest is the standard hodge podge of cardstock, paper, chipboard, hot glue, toothpicks/dowels, thread, wire…paper bag for the book cover and the sack on the floor.

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

55 Likes

WOW! That’s amazing. Would love to see this as a book nook!

7 Likes

Wow! I love this one! Especially love the key and the book lock :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have to agree with the above comments! This is incredible. As all your miniatures have been. But I really love the idea of any of them book nooks!

5 Likes

You are so creative and energetic! I just love your creations.

5 Likes

Incredible detail! So much fun.

5 Likes

Wow! Crazy amount in such a small space! :grinning:

4 Likes

You are NOT helping my attempts to de-hoard my enormous mess of “maybe I can use this for something” items!

This is gorgeous, as always! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great job! Wonderful details. How long did it take to make it?

1 Like

Gakkkk! Stupendous! You are so inventive with tiny things. Now every little piece of junk in your house is going to get a second look before you throw it away. (Check out those plastic inserts that you peel out of cream or orange juice cartons when you first open them. They make perfect tiny bowls.)

4 Likes

Absolutely this!!

2 Likes

About a week or so. I usually don’t start with an end vision in mind, it’s usually a “hey, I made this cool thing, what can I make to go with it? Oh, that would be cool, alright, how do we do it?” and the end result just builds up around the one piece I thought turned out well, then usually when I get 5 or 6 pieces that all kind of go together, I can better see HOW they go together. So some nights are more productive than others, depending on how the “what and how” are flowing that day. At the moment I’m trying to figure out how to paint a good dirt texture/effect…

4 Likes

I actually used one of those for the pot lid in the sink of the “Old World” Italian Kitchen!

The hard part is resisting the urge to stand in the dollar store for HOURS contemplating all the different ways to use all the different cheap things.

5 Likes

My favorites are the Health and Mana jars. With those, this could be a Diablo diorama as well.

2 Likes

EEEEEEEEEE! That Hocus Pocus Book of Spells!!! LOVE IT!!!

1 Like

Man that’s cool. Great work!

1 Like