Introducing the Compact Filter
We’re delighted to share a new option that lets you run your Glowforge just about anywhere: the Compact Filter. It’s available for purchase with new orders, and customers who preordered a Glowforge Air Filter can opt to exchange it for a Compact Filter instead. It’s not yet available for separate purchase. You can learn more below.
- It’s a small filter, about the size of a recycle bin, and it sits on the ground near your Glowforge, connected by a hose.
- It does a fantastic job of removing the smoke and fumes from the Glowforge unit and returns the clean and filtered air to the room. That means it’s safe to operate your Glowforge anywhere when the instructions are followed. In fact, the filtered air from the Compact Filter has significantly fewer particles than typical indoor air.
- It’s based on a tried and true filter design from a manufacturer that specializes in industrial filters, but upgraded with a much more powerful fan, higher quality filter medium, and a metal cartridge frame.
- It’s easy to move around, with wheels on the bottom and handles for simple carrying.
- We’ve added a setting in the Glowforge software that you turn on when the Compact Filter is attached. When it’s set, your Glowforge runs quieter because the fans from the Compact Filter do the brunt of the work.
- It’s easy to change the filter cartridges - just release two latches and the top comes off so you can swap it out.
- It has adjustable fan power to improve the life of the cartridge. When you start to detect an odor, you turn up the fan; when the fan is at maximum speed and you start to detect odor, you replace the filter.
- It’s 16.5" wide x 10.5" deep x 17" high.
- It is covered by a 6 month warranty.
- The launch price will be $995.
Glowforge Air Filter and Compact Filter Exchange
If you have an active preorder for a Glowforge Air Filter, and would like to cancel your Glowforge Air Filter and receive a Compact Filter instead, read on.
- You’ll receive a Compact Filter for the same price you paid for your Glowforge Air Filter.
- We do not have the ability to “reverse” exchange a Compact Filter for a Glowforge Air Filter.
- We offer returns and refunds per our terms and conditions (section 3.13), less applicable fees.
- The Compact Filter has a 6-month warranty, the same as the Glowforge Air Filter. (Note that the warranty does not cover a full filter cartridge).
- Replacement cartridges are $249.
- They have been tested with Proofgrade materials. While they may work with materials from other suppliers, we can’t guarantee it.
- Draftboard and other MDF materials will use up the filter extremely quickly, and so we recommend against using them. Your filter cartridge will last up to ten times longer if you avoid Draftboard.
- We will ship some units immediately. If you don’t receive a unit right away, we may contact you later when another shipment is available.
- If you don’t have an account on this forum, now is a good time to create one - we’ll need your forum username to request a Compact Filter in place of your Glowforge Air Filter.
- If you’d like to buy one but haven’t already purchased a Glowforge Air Filter, we plan to make that option available in the future.
Would you like to trade your Glowforge Air Filter order for a Compact Filter? Please fill out this form to let us know, and we’ll get back to you when your Compact Filter is available.