The Great Ornament Show-off Thread 2018

It depends on which vector editing software you are using. Go to the Glowforge Tips and Tricks category. Close to the top of the list (currently) are three tutorials for making name pendants in the three most commonly used vector programs. The first (pinned) posting in that category is an index to all the tutorials, which you should definitely check out.

1 Like

Well, I don’t have a tree this year, so here is a quick little Door “Ornament” I made so my neighbors wouldn’t think I’m the Grinch.

20 Likes

Thanks.

What font are you using for that where all of the letters connect? I’ve been having issues finding a good one.

There are a few good letter-connecting fonts that I found on dafont.com. The one I chose for this project was “Sweetheart Birthday.” Find it at the following link: https://www.dafont.com/sweetheart-birthday.font

4 Likes

YOu can also try looking at this thread

Another thing is , if you find a nice script font that you like but it is kind of skinny or not connected is to save a copy… then do an offset a few times to get a shaped “bubble” of the name and then merge that in the ornament design. Then engrave the name in that shape on the ornament… Like the pricilla one here

19 Likes

I got in the spirit yesterday and came up with this…still deciding whether the design is “finished” or not–there’s always one more little thing I want to fix!

38 Likes

ooooh I love that.

1 Like

That is fantastic. This is a beautiful Christmas ornament that gives the true meaning of the season. :grin:

2 Likes

I am running out of numbers…

45 Likes

Plastic ornaments. (They actually make some that look almost like glass.) :smile:

Time to engrave the backs!

1 Like

That is one fine looking demolition panther.

5 Likes

There’s also…

7 Likes

Engraved on acrylic

10 Likes

My Multi Media class designed these ornaments!! This is our first time using the GlowForge and we are obsessed!!

18 Likes

Made these penguins that come with or without a card, which is really just packaging.

27 Likes

Was commissioned to do these

and made these from the dog offcuts, which I rather love

29 Likes

And a joint effort between me (snowflake design and reindeer) and @gussruss (boxes and sleigh)

27 Likes

Why no tree is up…

For a cat-loving nephew.

15 Likes