The Obligatory Escutcheon

Thanks for the link. The difference does actually matter to me (bit OCD, bit autistic, bit perfectionist). When I get to that point, I will want to make sure it is an accurate cat print. I don’t have the Glowforge yet, so most of my thought on this are still intellectual.

2 Likes

After review, it is absolutely a cat print, though an idealized artistic rendering. The latter is where any discrepancies come from. (You could almost say they took it away from right/left paw and made a uni-paw.)

Correct. No finger dirt griming up the button over time :slight_smile:

That’s true. If your outer ring is 1/4" you can save yourself the second 1/8" cut-only (non-engraved) outer ring. I mentioned that as an option in my original post back when I tried to see if I could get the light from the button to light up the outer ring as well (it doesn’t do that very well). But then you need another thickness of acrylic. Two 1/8" pieces glued or one 1/4" for the ring and another 1/8 for the inner button - 6 of one, half-dozen of the other kind of option :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And your center button just rests on top, covering most of the real button?

1 Like

Correct. You can’t really tell it’s not all one piece since the kerf is so small. The cut line just looks like another detail line in the engraving.

4 Likes

I think I want to try something along these lines:

13 Likes

I’ve stepped up my cat decorating since getting my 2 beasties.

1 Like

My little darlings do their own decorating…half a lizard here, hairball there…

12 Likes

decorating a cat is a good way to lose a limb…

15 Likes

Thankfully, no hairballs, yet, but with 2 black cats (one being the perfect baby panther) I expect they will come sooner or later.

1 Like

Wait till they start bringing you little gifts. Not. Cool.

1 Like

You do know why they do that, right? It is a sign of love. You, as a human, suck at hunting to feed yourself. Little gifts they bring are them trying to take care of you so they can keep you around.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know, and I always try to thank them for the gift, but finding half a mouse on your doorstep is unsettling, to say the least. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I am pondering once I get mine personalizing some cat treats, just because.

2 Likes

Worse when you’re in bare feet and aren’t looking down :smile:

5 Likes

Eeeep!

Just get some chickens, they’ll take care of that…

1 Like

Actually, I think you’re pretty lucky if they’re bringing you dead gifts - my friend’s cat brings in live (or wounded) gifts into the house to continue the playtime!

5 Likes

Thankfully, my 2 are indoor 24/7, and the apartment building is reasonably well constructed, so their opportunity to catch (outside their toys and killing the occasional trash can) is limited to the VERY rare insect.

4 Likes

My sister’s cat leaves mice in the shower for her. As a kid we had a dog that would meet her at the fence with birds he had plucked from the air. She seems to attract pets that bring her dead animals.

3 Likes