The Obligatory Escutcheon

Yes, a gift of the highest order. For a predator to offer its catch, it is the most valuable thing it can offer. In an animals world food is life… and they present it in gratitude.
Doesn’t mean they won’t play it to death first!

8 Likes

If it doesn’t play it to death, you don’t have a cat.

3 Likes

There are a number of online resources for the less artistically gifted, like myself, for graphics (vector and otherwise) including even full photographs where they are royalty-free, public domain, common license, and available for free use commercially or otherwise. One option I saw that might work for an escutcheon:

27 Likes

An Ouroboros. That was actually my first choice, but I don’t have time to create one right now.
(That one’s nice.)

3 Likes

I saw it and liked, but still like my cat paw/circle idea. Found a royalty free SVG of generic cat paw at same place I found this Ouroboros. At least the source claims they are royalty free, YMMV.

1 Like

You know…you could do one of each and switch them out when you need a change…I do it rather a lot. :wink:

(No limits with this thing.)

4 Likes

I was thinking about that, too. Then there is also the Stargate, the Mayan Calendar, and more. I could have an escutcheon a day for any given week…

Going to need to make sure I get plenty of acrylic.

5 Likes

I’m sure I will manage to find some limits, apart from material size restrictions. Give me time. I’m good that way.

1 Like

I think she meant that like “the sky’s the limit”, there definitely are limits like any machine.

3 Likes

For sure, but I occasionally have to be overly literal. I’m betting the sky is a limit as I suspect they would suck at flying.

3 Likes

Nice. I thought an Ouroboros like this would be a nice adornment for Trogdor, but the Stargate graphic was already in the queue. :wink:

3 Likes

ROFL! Do we not have enough to do tonight?

I spent the day trying to keep from going ka-blooie, so my sense of humor is a bit off tonight.

1 Like

There’s always room for one more. Sorry on the kablooie sense of humor. Mine is nearly always a bit off in some form of warped, demented, or dad way.

3 Likes

I’m guessing you are a kleptomaniac, they take everything, literally…

6 Likes

The nice thing about being a kleptomaniac is that you can always take something for it.

9 Likes

If you are printing an escutcheon, prepare two sets of decorations for the file. Remember that Proofgrade is double sided finished. If you stack the designs over each other and just ignore one while the first is printing, you can flip the ring over without disturbing or moving anything and print the other side. Two for the price of one.

16 Likes

You need to develop this a bit and put it in Tips and Tricks because it works with anything that can be removed and flipped.

7 Likes

This would work for :proofgrade: plywoods, so long as you did not result in an accidental cut all the way through and the inner/outer image dimensions were the same. It wouldn’t work for acrylic so much. Even non-clear would have some image bleed-through from the other side.

1 Like

It’s already in the Matrix (for Lasers) under Double Sided Engraving. (Lots more in the matrix than in the actual Tips and Tricks holding tank.) :wink:

4 Likes

With all the stuff coming out from from PRU, I can hardly imagine what this will look like 1 month after production units ship.

2 Likes