The Obligatory Escutcheon

In my case, the CR-3 :grinning:

Never used all the functions :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

With Production units shipping, this post is about to become too big to follow. :grin::joy::laughing::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

50 Likes

Here’s my effort. A bit big, I know! :smiley:

54 Likes

“Burnerate… Burnerate…”

11 Likes

Makes it easy to find… :wink:

2 Likes

Big but awesome. I like it.

3 Likes

I like that you are expanding the idea to include asymmetric designs!

5 Likes

That’s fantastic! There nothing too big for a Glowforge. Well…I suppose if you can no longer open the lid, it might be too big…

3 Likes

Another one that sucks that I can only ‘like’ it once. I think I lost some geek Cred, too, that I did not consider a Dalek with that nice round button. I’ll earn it back, though. Make it with edge-light acrylic, and keep the ‘lights’ at the top so that the button light can glow them?

5 Likes

Hey! You changed your avatar! Nice!

Had to mess with Profile stuff to show the ‘Regular’, figured past time to toss an avatar. I didn’t have my preferred image handy, so grabbed I I did have.

Now to start entering other profile crap.

sounds like a job for a pass through slot.

One of my favorite so far! Love Doctor Who!

1 Like

People loved to play with the escutcheons I had displayed on the top edge of the Glowforge. They kept stacking them. A few Stargate fans hooted. One walked away with his own Stargate escutcheon!

7 Likes

See, I have to do Stargate, Dalek, Cats, Aztec Stone, and more. Going to burn $20 in proofgrade just on that… Though some non-clear stuff I might be able to get away with doing in cardboard and painting.

5 Likes

Then get one of those robot arm devices to serve as your own personal escutcheon randomizer. Every time you push the button, it waits 5 minutes, then swaps out the ring.

4 Likes

Oh, now that is an idea…wonder if my Makerspace will have room for that.

Going to be starting as a printer stand and old entertainment center in a corner of my living room. Will contain, Printer, 3D printer, laptop, Glowforge, and intermittently 2 cats.

1 Like

I didn’t have a slide rule but thought they were neat so I download a phone app that functioned like a slide rule. I thought it to be quite the irony. A fancy computer simulating an old slide rule! You could slide the center scale and flip the rule over as well…all with a swipe of a finger! And no need to worry about aligning the cursor!

6 Likes