This is BS! Dealing with these issues constantly is costing me revenue!

I need some help! All settings are correct however I get the same message when trying to print on any material. The camera lens is clean. I’ve tried everything in the book! This is the error message I get.

“The material was not measured correctly. Please ensure the top surface of your material is between 1.5” and 2" (50 mm) high, measured from the metal plate on the bottom of the printer.

If trouble persists, use Set Focus.

Have you tried printing a Gift of Good Measure keychain on proofgrade? Do you get the same error? That’s usually the first thing support will ask you to try. What material are you trying to cut?

1 Like

I am creating a design on a cutting board. Its not a material issue. The thickness settings are right. We are not using Proofgrade settings because the “proofgrade” material is not a match. But it happens even when trying to cut on proofgrade materials.

Is this something you’ve done before and not gotten the error message?

Have you taken out the crumb tray? If the cutting board is sitting on the machine bottom without the crumb tray, it’s likely to be too low, which could lead to the error message. This might help:

3 Likes

I have engraved before without the tray. It was a task then but it finally worked. I did the same process this time but it just won’t do it. The cutting board is just a smidgen to thick with the tray in. I really didn’t think it was going to be so complicated when the tray is out. Thank you for your information. I have read some of it and will reading the rest in a bit. All information is appreciated!

The surface to be engraved must be between 1.5" and 2" from the floor of the Glowforge. Elevate your cutting board about one inch and you should be able to use the set focus tool and engrave.

6 Likes

Also this… Tray Removed - Calculator - Updated

when I’ve taken the tray out I used this to help get it in the sweet spot.

@dklgood’s suggestion is spot on. Measure how thick your cutting board is and then add some underneath it

4 Likes

This just got added too.

7 Likes

that’s so handy, great addition to the catalog.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.