This is not as easy as it is made out to be

Glad you’re feeling better about this and making progress! You have some of the most experienced and helpful folks backing you up on this - they’ve given you great advice so far. It can seem overwhelming but you’re getting there!

4 Likes

Well Mandy, I can’t wait to see what wonderful creations you come up with using the GF. I’m happy to hear you’ve gotten some stuff to work. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help, there’s always someone on the forum who’s had a similar experience at one point :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Glad people got you started. It can be daunting.

And that is true even if you already have the front end knowledge. Most do, since coming in with computer knowledge, art program, CAD, 3D printer and even another laser, as background reference.

You coming in cold are facing a learning curve I can only imagine, but the bright side is your glowforge will give you results worth working for once you do master the basics.
It is that sort of a machine.

Happy Trails.

4 Likes

I forgot to respond to this one!!! This did infact work. I was able to set it to cut and engrave and everything did just as you said. I have been on tinkercard for the past two days. I think I am on lesson 7. :clap:t3::clap:t3: Some things are starting to make a little sense!!

4 Likes

So I ah e been on tinker card for the past two days. I think I am on lesson 11. Somethings are starting to make a little is sense! This was so very HELPFUL!!

1 Like

I have been going down the line from this forum. Doing exactly what everyone says. I have made it as far as tinker card. In which have been working on for the past couple of days. A few things are starting to make sense! I’m so excited

5 Likes

Boy howdy…I don’t have to imagine that…I was there in person a couple of years ago.

3 Likes

Me too a year ago. All’s I can say is it gets better and easier, then you’ll see new a new items and say to yourself “I wonder how they made that…” This is a rabbit hole that never ends :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Houston…we have take off!!! simple little files transferring. nothing famous enough to show the world yet! haha! But…soon enough I can share. . . BUT … I have to ask. Because it is literally all I have heard out of my daughters mouth, and also I am wondering too, where can I find the amazing cardboard world map lantern shade?? I might get all laughs back…but it was at least worth the try!

2 Likes

Not laughing here…that’s something I’ve wanted since day one 3 years ago. It’s not available. Yet.

PS…really happy to hear that you’re finally having some success. Nothing makes you want to continue more than seeing that it really works. Keep on keeping on.

Well I have to say that I am surprised that one of these geniuses have not recreated it yet! That is what pretty much caught my eye, and had me sold. It quite literally was the master of my decision making! That and the simple fact that the Owners are so involved. And @Xabbess I owe you a big thank you for this. https://www.tinkercad.com/dashboard. Because it has really been helpful as in teaching how to work the options. Of course this still is as far as I have made it, but I am doing all of the lessons. (Well, not the circuit lessons, but all the ones pertaining to designing things) I haven’t gotten a chance to thank anyone as personally yet, because I haven’t gotten very far. I printed the first pdf referral…but that is still a different language to me. so thankyou!

3 Likes

Curious, now that I think about it I’m not entirely sure why that hasn’t happened yet. I don’t think it would be that hard for many of the wizards on this forum. I think I may start work on that, but one of the other regulars will probably beat me to finishing it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I believe @charlesdarwin did one a couple of years back

6 Likes

ah yes, perfect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, thank you for the thank you…but, it wasn’t me who gave you that link. Perhaps you will remember or they will step up to claim your gratitude.

thank you! for tinkecad!!!

1 Like

it honestly has been so very helpful!!! I am taking all the lessons over and over on there.

oh my goodness!!! Im on it!!!

1 Like

Does anyone recognize this file so I can get the instructions?

I am literally a five year old right this very minute!!

7 Likes