This Machine is Garbage $7000 paperweight!

Glowforge guarantees PG (proofgrade materials) to cut/engrave/score appropriately using the built in PG(Proofgrade) settings. Looks like within three months of having bought the materials from them.
If they don’t work properly, they’ll issue refunds or replacements for the ruined materials.
This may qualify if you’re using PG and they’re being crapped on by the machine.

3 Likes

will do this now and let you know

Ill start saving up the boards that are being ruined

Failed, I’m going to try again

1 Like

You can cover the failed test piece with masking to use it again for another try.

3 Likes

Failed AGAIN and now I’m completely out of GF materials for any kind of testing. Machine ruin 5 Medium draft boards of PG materials, so more time and money gone, I’m getting really upset here! WHERE IS THE SUPPORT FOR 7K

just used another piece of PG material (MY LAST ONE) and FAILED again, I now think the focus camera is shot all together . DOES SUPPORT WANT THE COMMUNITY TO FIX MY ISSUE!? I’m completely lost and in disbelieve this is happening, I will ask for a refund or get some legal advice

No one here is from GF support. People here can offer what they can to help, but yelling at those willing to assist is not going to help.

Per the pinned post;

This section is not monitored by Glowforge support, so you will need to contact our support team to get official Glowforge help.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know how long you have been waiting for a response from support, but you should get an automated reply when you email them. If you don’t, check the promotion or spam folders for it. Support should be able to help determine the issue from the machine logs.
I’m also sorry your experience hasn’t been as good as mine and many others, this thing is one of my creative joys.
Good luck man.

3 Likes

I’m quite aware of this and I’m not yelling, just trying to express my concerns, I apologize , just a bit antsy at this time no one has corrected or even contacted me to rectify the situation I’m in, I have a ticket and I’m waiting, just didn’t know for the price I paid the support isn’t 247/365 , so I’m sorry if I offended anyone!

1 Like

Oh I love the machine, I just need it working man, lol! It’s going on 5 days - I did get a response from my request and I sent them the information and pics they asked for on 5/13/2022 and just last night I got an email from a different person asking me if everything is working because they haven’t heard from me in a while , so that blew me away , so I responded telling them I did all this last week and now I’m in the dark again. And I wanna thank everyone for the COMMUNITY support because I learned so much about this machine in 4 days its great, but I need a machine that’s working in order to enjoy the GF experience, my wife and I were so happy the first 2 weeks and made some fun, cool stuff and now were like wow, what did we get ourselves into here. LOL, I’m sure they will provide a solution or replacement its just ruining the experience of owning a GF

1 Like

I understand that! Not what you signed up for.

1 Like

Doesn’t even have to be PG. Just a flat piece of material about the size of the bed. Cheap cardboard will suffice(Amazon boxes). But flat is the key here.
But you should probably wait until it’s functional again.

Hope they get you squared soon.

4 Likes

Hmm… that sounds suspicious for an email not going through or something. (Were the pics in the email itself? Did the email get stuck because it was too big?) Just a thought. Maybe you could upload the pics to something like Google Drive, make it available to anyone with a link, and then send the link to them?

1 Like

files were small and I sent many emails with my support ticket number but no response , started to get pissed then found out that for some reason my emails weren’t going through and I never composed an email I only replied to the emails they sent me, never anything in the junk box or anything so weird indeed

I would definitely upload and just send a link then. It sounds like they may not have gotten any response from you that actually went through to them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.