Tiny house from the movie "UP"

So this thing was a challenge. Even for the type of things I make it’s pretty small - 1:160 scale. I also struggled with the tabs but was able to get it together without ANY glue for the main structure (although I did glue the roof together). My favorite part was the lucky find I made for the “Balloons”. Was able to just spray a ball of clay with adhesive and dip it in the bag a couple times.

I had almost given up on this one 3/4 of the way through but am glad I didn’t. :slight_smile:

102 Likes

Pretty neat find … adds a lot of happy color.

8 Likes

Stunning. Thank you for the inspiration.

8 Likes

This turned out Great. Loving all the colors. The foam beads were an inspiration.

11 Likes

Wow, this is incredible!

8 Likes

Even compared to your usual amazing creations, this is WOW! The use of the beads is perfect for the balloons. This is so colorful and easily recognized.

8 Likes

That is just absolutely adorable!!

6 Likes

Oh, I think this one is my favorite of them all! I’ve always loved that tiny house.

7 Likes

I love that movie! The whole aerial scene early in the movie is my favorite section.

So, why did you make the house so tiny? It had to be sized relative to the “balloons”?

6 Likes

Supah Kewl!

4 Likes

I made it this size because 1:160 (N Scale) is common in model railroads.

8 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t give up as well! This is a triumph :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t know RR models were that small!

4 Likes

So cute! The foam balloons are clever.

6 Likes

so cute! I love it!

3 Likes

This is adorable! It looks like it could float away.

5 Likes

N scale trains are pretty small (1/160). Most people are familiar with HO scale, which is 1/87.

Working in N scale is more challenging which makes this model even more impressive.

5 Likes

Awesomeness.
I want to eat the balloons, part of me thinks it is really made of dippin’ dots, the ice cream of the future. The other part of me read your post and realizes they are foam beads, but still…

11 Likes

Esteele is correct. Frankly I enjoy HO scale (1:87) much more but just don’t have the space for it. You can fit sooo much more into an N Scale layout. As an example, this whole thing was inside the bay window of my kitchen. Here is a video of it.

12 Likes

Just wonderful! The foam beads are inspirational! Great problem solving on your part!

5 Likes