Trogdor is in the house!

Have had my Pre-release for several weeks now. Named it in the process of getting it set up and have not seen that name on any page since. I’ve even looked for it. It’s certainly not at the top of the user interface. Not going to spend any time thinking of a new name for the production version.

If any of the other users know where to find it, please let me know.

4 Likes

hither I am expressing mine more profound congratulations for thy recent acquisition with the prose of Shakespeare… or something like that

Still broken, but not so much :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Who be this person thusly refered to as Shahkesspeere ? lol

1 Like

Do you use the name to send it a job remotely? (Like when you’re in a hotel in business and the wife needs a quick cutting board design before you get back.)

It does not show up in the UI during ‘normal use’ but in the trace function it does show up. As you know on the upper right in the past demos we seen was the location of the machine name. But as of right now it has the logged in user’s full name. I think the machine name is more important for users with multiple machines on one account. But who knows.

3 Likes

Way back around the second delay, the boredom and anticipation gave birth to some great topics about mascots and names and other ancillary issues.

Oh yes, that’s true. There is smoke! Sometimes lots.

You can do this. It has to do with the network setup routine. That’s when it happens. You can redo the setup and change the name. And it doesn’t show up most of the time but as @karaelena said. There is a special action that you can do to re-initiate the network but I’m not telling (but it has something to do with my offcentered print button!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Cool! A Swiss army button! :grinning::wrench:
Hold it down for 10 seconds and get a reset.
Hold it down for 30 seconds and get “Are you sure you want to initiate self destruct sequence without saving your work?”

10 Likes

Hm - @tony might know? I see it at the top, but perhaps that’s because I’m connected to multiple machines.

I was thinking of naming my GF Cheech, and the Filter Chong

9 Likes

What exactly do you plan on feeding it?

4 Likes

according to your code, thats what it says to do - only show if theres more than one.

That matches what I’m seeing. I had to reinstall and now have two “Trogdor” entries in the GFUI — one reads ‘offline’ and the other ‘ready.’

1 Like

whatever it is, I’m sure it will be fortified with 8 essential gins and juices. I’m not one to partake in the “up in smoke” culture, but I hope my GF will be smoking it’s fair share of anything I throw at it

5 Likes

haha if the other one ever comes back on line… you know what to do :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This is wonderful. Would you please write the entire manual this way? :grinning:

4 Likes

Chuckle! I don’t think I can do that when I’m awake. :wink:

3 Likes

Thee should increase thee meds.

1 Like

And with today’s update of the GFUI (app) the unit name is now visible. Cool. Almost forgot what I named it.

11 Likes

Now what I’d like to be able to do is send a job to a different machine name that is not on my account. Alternatively if I could connect to another machine using some kind of sign-in/guest credential (and vice versa - I could allow someone to hook to mine) and then have the onsite person hit the Print button.

Nice way to share files without having to worry about shipping stuff via email, dropbox, etc. and if done well, would send with the appropriate settings that I know work.

4 Likes

Oh, just noticed this! In my case, kind of a bummer BC I let the guys name it something stupid :wink:

3 Likes