Trying to be patient

September 24?

Yeah, sorry typo. On my phone. =)

1 Like

I appreciate you remembering what my plans are for the glowforge. I am excited, just confused about timing of deliveries.

3 Likes

I saw the same post on Facebook about a guy who ordered in February 2016 so I instantly came here. I thought this can’t possibly be true, someone who ordered AFTER the 30 day campaign is getting a production unit shipped to them? I hoped that it was just a troll teasing us.

1 Like

That post on Facebook was the reason I posted here. I wish someone from staff could shed light on this.

1 Like

I am concerned that the reaction might be a bit strong to this, but have you been reading the regular updates? The March update explains what you are seeing. There was quite a bit of discussion about this back on the discussion thread.

7 Likes

Should note that shipping notices are also going out concurrently to non-forum frequent visitors according to shipping date. Seen first day customers getting notices that have never or rarely posted on the forum.

7 Likes

That is correct and even different from how I would read the March update on shipping. So order is being preserved with a few extra jumps. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

I could live with that if it was being applied to the original campaign first, but unfortunately as you were worried about someone who I don’t recall seeing in the forums, I could be wrong, who ordered four months after the end of the 30 day campaign seems more than a little extreme and only breed resentment for that person and this system.

Can’t correlate names on the forum with Facebook names. I’ve been here since the first day and still don’t know the real names of most of the people I interact with daily.

7 Likes

That’s not how I read the @Tom_A’s post…
And the wolves ARE cute…

6 Likes

Of course, I wonder about this too. When I read the post, I was confused. It did occur to me that the user, I think, mentioned having no experience at all with a laser, and I thought they might be trying to get a production unit in the hands of a total NOOB? I suspect there are other early orders with no experience, but maybe they just found someone with a basic and a beta application who fit the bill.

Also, waiting sucks. I’m a patient person and I still find myself cussing about it. This last set back has left me actually angry over a product that I really really want. I’m trying to let it go, but I don’t have much patience for people who tell me to be happy because it’s going to be awesome. I have basically told people I know that I’m not willing to discuss it with them. It’s painful.

4 Likes

Happy to try - what was the question?

i think it’s people getting upset over perceived unfairness in shipping order.

1 Like

I’ve learned not to guess at what question someone wants answered because I often guess wrong.

7 Likes

fortunately no guessing required here; it was in response to this post:

3 Likes

Most of us were under the assumption that the glowforges would be shipped in the order that they were purchased. That does not seem to be the case. How are you determining shipping order and is there a way that you can find out what order you are in the list? Even if I’m towards the end of the list I would like to know approximately what month I should expect it so I can plan accordingly.

1 Like

You needed to sit on the forums replying to as many threads as you could in order to jump the queue. Sorry, hidden decision not revealed until shipping time.

The way I have understood it was that it was published in the March '17 update. There was some robust discussion regarding this but it didn’t get as much energy as the tube replacement issue.

3 Likes

Those are malamutes, not wolves… Direct link to the photographer’s flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/devilstar/5418478976/

To be fair, malamutes are often used as wolves in tv and movies.

6 Likes