Turning my sketches into laser engraved art

Hey guys! Brand new owner of a Glowforge, and I’m really excited about using it to do some fun stuff with my art. This is a small piece where I took an anatomical sketch I did of a heart in illustrator, etched it on medium acrylic and cut the shapes out of walnut hardwood. Currently, it’s sitting on this cool stand I made thanks to @Janerlea (See here) but I plan on framing it, and possibly figuring out a way to light it with a colored LED light.

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy. I look forward to sharing more art (and other things) with you guys in the future.

Bailey

38 Likes

Nice… someone else here did some interesting pieces with anatomical heart designs around valentines day, if you search around you might find them.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ll check them out. I just used this because it’s an old sketch I already had on my computer. I’m excited to do some stuff just for this new tool.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your sketches.

2 Likes

Found it:

4 Likes

Love that! I have been interested in doing some stamps, so double-y cool!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Great drawing and I like the diamond inlays.

2 Likes

This is beautiful! Excellent work. I love anatomical hearts. These (:heart:) are too symmetrical to express my inner feelings.

1 Like

Love it!! Really cool work and close to my heart. (Forgive the unintentional pun.)

I have a suggestion about the stand and using something like this might be less distracting behind the clear acrylic. Unfortunately I can’t find the file for it, but it’d be easy to make yourself. . (I know the file is out there though.) Edit: Oops, just realized you said you’ll be framing it, sorry about that.

Here’s two of my el corazon pieces.

4 Likes

Thanks Kittski!! Love those. And that’s a great idea! It’s on this art holder just for the quick photos, but I think what you suggested would work even better for that. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is gorgeous! Welcome to the community! Can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Well Done :sunglasses:
I’ve never had a tool that inspires creativity like this thing. Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Very Cool! What do you have on the back? Is it just open? What did you use to hold everything together?

1 Like

It is open! Right now, nothing is holding it together. I plan on framing it, somehow. I just haven’t decided yet.

1 Like

That is amazing!!

1 Like