Turns On, But Says lid open when its not! Help

My glowforge was working fine earlier, now when I turn it on it says lid open, when its closed. I tried restarting it, then I tried opening and closing the lid and nothing works. The lights turn on, but then go dim like when you normally open the lid. I tried removing the crumb tray and resetting it and cleaning the lenses, etc. But nothing helps. I think I need a new lid cable like I’ve heard about in other post. I have a very big craft fair at the end of the month and I need to keep making stuff. I need someone from support to send me the cable as soon as possible. I am even willing to pay extra to get it expedited so I can get it sooner!

You should check all the connections for the cables - sometimes they get knocked during cleaning. Pull them out, take photos of both ends, and then re-seat firmly. If that doesn’t do anything, post those photos here (Staff usually asks for them).

Fingers crossed it’s a simple re-seating!

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re talking about the cable to the laser head and the cable to the lid. How do I disconnect the lid cables? I don’t want to damage it.

1 Like

I’m wondering if the black cable issues are not all caused by the cable rubbing against the lid when it is fully opened. We have seen some of that. We have also seen cable connections that SEEM to be corroded at the connector when examined during the replacement process. Has nothing to do with this particular post but feel like it needs to be said… NEVER spray or squirt liquids under the lid glass to clean it. Only spray on a rag to clean. Also make sure the rag doesn’t catch on the connectors or other electronics.

4 Likes

Here you go - instructions from staff with pictures :slight_smile:

and also

If you get those done and posted here it’ll speed up Staff’s response time

Here are some photos that may help.

Thank you for checking that out for us. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’ll follow up in email with you shortly to arrange the details.