Unable to print Founders Ruler

Thank you @vee, I look forward to hearing back from you.

FYI, I tried again a couple of times today, once around noon, and again around 9-10pm PDT. Same results.

Any luck now? Today is my first time to sync and power up my pro. How long should I expect for it to “calibrate”? In minutes or hours? Mine just hums with all the LED lights on… 30+ minutes now.

I’m not at home at the moment and haven’t tried it today. Did you connect it to your WiFi? It needs to be connected to the cloud to do anything…even calibrate.

Yep. Connected to Glowforge then connected to my wifi no problem. Now trying to figure out how to print the ruler. Unable to"drag" the ruler unto the image/material. Am I missing something?

Would you take a picture for me of the interlock on the back of your Glowforge Pro?

If the little metal bar isn’t settled into place the way it is in the picture, press it in and then try your print again.

Is the picture of your material in color and looking like a picture? Or is it gray and blurred like behind frosted glass?

If it’s the latter, try to refresh the picture by pressing on the gear icon and choosing refresh.

You should be able to move the founders ruler image around and place it where you want it on the material if the material shows like it is a picture.

Thank you @Rita, I’ll do that as soon as I get home.

Trying it now… have to do a little yoga to get to the back side. Metal bar seems to be in.

Please the pic.

and here’s the screen where I am unable to drag any of the image(s) unto the proof grade maple.
Keychain Ruler

So, maybe a silly question, but have you tried closing the overlay on the right showing instructions and then using the top magnifying glasses to zoom out so you can see more of your space? This looks like you might be trying to drag the picture of the ruler onto the bed, rather than using the lines that should already be on the bed somewhere.

Nope, tried all of that. But, I was able to print it out using Safari instead of Chrome on my Mac. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Odd that Chrome didn’t work. You should check to see whether you have the latest version of Chrome installed. (currently version 62)

Safari works well for basic use, but note that after zooming in the positions of items can be offset from where they’ll actually print. (It doesn’t always happen, but I’ve seen this happen in every browser I’ve tried aside from Chrome.)

As of a few weeks ago it wasn’t possible to drag operations to reorder them when using Safari but it looks like that bug is fixed now so nevermind. :slight_smile: I think that just leaves the zoom-related positioning bug, but hopefully you won’t run into that too much.

The interlock bar is firmly in place.

I tried the print again and got the same failure. That was approximately 6:40pm PDT.

Edit: I am just up in Kenmore. I’d be happy to bring it by the office if you need to troubleshoot the problem.

Noted. I’ll double check and see if it did update itself. I was able to print out the ruler just fine. YES!

4 Likes

I’m glad you got your problem handled.

Mine is still not working (and it seems like quite a different issue than was yours).

Best of luck. :muscle: Hang in there

1 Like

I am still waiting to hear from you regarding next steps.

I tried another experiment… I hard-wired my laptop to my network, shared a hotspot from it, and connected the Glowforge to the laptop’s WiFi hotspot. During the attempt at printing the founders ruler, I had the laptop sitting on top of the Glowforge.

It did not make any difference in the outcome.

Thank you for the photo and update - we are continuing to investigate.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience, @johnse. Unfortunately, after investigation, it looks like we’re going to need to replace your Glowforge.

You should have just received a separate email from us with more detailed information about the next steps. I’m going to close this thread so we can continue to work via email. If you have any questions, please let us know there!

2 Likes