Uncertifed material greyed out

I am not able to set uncertified material!! PLEASE HELP!!!

You might need to add Manual settings before it allows you to print.

1 Like

Can you clarify? Are you saying you’re unable to press the “use uncertified material” button? Or that you can’t enter the thickness of your material once you do? Or something else?

Thanks!

I am having the same/similar problem. I can click on the “Use uncertified material” button but I can’t enter the material height. It is grayed out and says auto. I do not have a proofgrade material set and I even went back to things I printed yesterday with non-proofgrade and get the same.

Yeah, but you should be able to click in there and type in the measurement (even though it looks like you can’t).

Thanks Tom, I tried but could not type in the box. Now however it is no longer grayed out and I can type so all is well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Glad it’s working! If you’d already used “Set focus” it will not let you change it from Auto. Possible you’d done that. If that’s the case you just go back out to the Dashboard and go back into your design and you’ll be able to set manually.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you hit a sang with your Glowforge.

I extracted logs from your Glowforge it looks like you were trying to print with you the crumb tray.

You can print on objects up to 2" thick by removing the crumb tray. However, your Glowforge can’t focus too far down, so you may need to put something laser-compatible underneath your material to lift it up. Raise it until the top surface of your material is between 1.5" and 2" (50 mm) high, measured from the metal plate on the bottom.

Our community has developed some great Tips and Tricks, and this illustrated guide might be just what you need.

I think I’ve run into this same issue a few times and been confused too.

I’m sometimes unsure of the appropriate sequence of selecting material, using set focus, entering a thickness, etc…

But any time I get stuck, I do what Tom suggested. Exit my design, go back into the design. Maybe open and close the lid too.

2 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.