Unexpected error HELP

Don’t hold your breath.

I have worked in information security since the late 90’s and for two major “antivirus” vendors. We would respond to issues like this that impacted large corporations who spent millions with us if, say, some change we made impacted a major business application, but consumer issues are not a concern unless it impacts everyone.

Bummer. :frowning_face:

They don’t have a way to reproduce the issue, so there’s very little they could do to resolve it even if they had the resources.

I have flown across the country to work with customers in-person and our developers back at HQ on things like this. It’s quite often not a case of “well I had this issue can you fix it…”

Heck, I was even flown business-class from the US to AUS to do that for one customer. They are a common household brand. They spent 8 figures on our software. No, it’s not glamorous, but I made the best of it. 24hrs almost exactly from being dropped at ATL until I walked into my hotel in Melbourne.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay responding. Below is the last response I received, but this does not help any as I have to leave the script unchecked along with the anti banner to be able to use my glowforge. I haven’t pursued it any further, hopefully I don’t end up with any viruses.

To enable the Kaspersky program to work as intended by our developers, you should re-enable the “Inject script” option.

Since disabling Anti-Banner help, try excluding the website from the Anti-Banner protection and see if it helps.

To add a website exclusion for Anti-Banner:

1. Open Kaspersky.
  2. Click on the gear icon in the lower left.
  3. Click on ‘Protection’ on the left.
  4. Scroll down the right side to find ‘Anti-Banner’ and click on it.
  5. Click on ‘Allowed banners.’
  6. Click on the ‘Add’ button.
  7. Enter the main address as: app.glowforge.com and glowforge.com
  8. Set the Status to ‘Active’ and click the ‘Add’ button.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your update. I hope nothing sneaks in while your defenses are down, too! Yikes! :grimacing:

I have done this and I am still getting the same error after a minute or two.
Anything else since. I have been having this issue since the middle of June

If you had it since June, support should have gotten back to you. They can look at the logs to see what is causing it.

They said it is from my ad blocker security software. They cannot help further and told me to contact that software. I have had that software before I had glowforge and have not upgraded nor changed it when this started happening. Only thing I can do now is use my daughter’s laptop to actually use the glowforge UI. I have turned off my ad blocker software and it still happens. I have Kaspersky. I have access to everything else, the catalog, support etc, just not the dashboard.

Have you tried using your phone or a tablet? Kaspersky is known to be a problem with the interface.

2 Likes

I can use my daughters laptop, its just a pain as my files on my desktop, so everytime I need to print, I email over to my daughters email and then pull up on her laptop. Then it is fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.