Uniquely generated Maze Coasters

These are really neat. Congrats on your sales!

1 Like

Fun! Congrats on your success!

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely unique to have mazes with no solutionsā€¦? How do you solve these? Far as I can tell thereā€™s no exit?

2 Likes

I thought there was no entranceā€¦ are we trying to get in or out? :smiley:

another rabbit hole. thanks.

No problem! :slight_smile:

I used this in my maze icosahedron:

And my two sided maze ā€œcoasterā€:

There are just so many ways to apply these things.

1 Like

Very cool! Love hoe these turned out

I can get from the center to the outside edge. I guess having a specific spot would make it more directed - but this way you can pick your spot and see if you can get to it :slight_smile:

The mazes are fully connected. Pick any two cells and you can find a path between them.

Actually, Iā€™d think the correct answer is to get someone else to lift the glassā€¦
which means in your question, if you asked how YOU would get it, I would lift the glass for you and offer you the coin. Not only solving the ā€œproblemā€ but also presenting myself also presenting myself as one willing to do tasks (ie work) for youā€¦ but then, Iā€™ve not interviewed for a job for a very long time, so perhaps thatā€™s not what youā€™re looking for. :wink:

As stated, you might wish that ā€œwithout touching the glass or the tableā€ means you, specifically. But no, itā€™s a general statement about the glass and table being touchable. Having someone lift the glass for you doesnā€™t meet the rules.

Curious, what library did you use to create the SVGs? (assuming you used one!)

@jazzychad mentioned it in his original post.

Thatā€™s not what Iā€™m looking for - thatā€™s just how he creates them. Iā€™m wondering what underlying software library he used in his programming efforts to create the SVGs.

Sorry, my bad. However @bill.m.davis is the resident guru on SVG generated output, his

Marble Run

was entirely generated with code directly. You might want to PM message him about this.

1 Like

you donā€™t need a library. just a text editor.

I got a book on the svg spec from amazon.

I have fooled with it a little but other more pressing projects have slowed me down.

I am planning on making an automated program to create a drill bit holder as one example.

Yeah, I am trying to break that habit of coding all my SVGs by hand, it is just to slow.

I used a javascript program to generate the gears in that design.

My latest project has taught me to use Inkscape more, but it still has as XML editor to allow me to ā€œrefineā€ the coordinates if I choose to.

I have used javascript to create an manipulate a lot of different SVGs.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t use any library, just generated the SVG markup ā€œby handā€ in the code since it is pretty straight forward (only needing lines and arcs).

1 Like

Okā€¦now I kinda want to learn how to code for this.

1 Like

JavaScript is probably one of the easier languages for coding, and it is amazing at manipulating an SVG object on an HTML page. I have had quite a bit of fun doing this. But after I got my :glowforge: SVG became more than just a picture on a website. Now they are tools to guide the laser! The more precise you can control them, the more precise your control of your laser can be!

2 Likes