We need to keep the box?!

The laser who fell from grace with the sea.

2 Likes

Pre release unit units? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yup, like Rio Grande River. :nut_and_bolt:

5 Likes

And La Brea Tar Pits.

6 Likes

Let’s not forget automated teller machine machines.

5 Likes

The ones where you have to enter your personal identification number number?

6 Likes

All brought to you by the Redundant Department of Redundant Redundancies.

2 Likes

I used to work for their competitors, the department for redundancies department.

3 Likes

Both under the Division of Duplicated Duties and Responsibilities

4 Likes

To quote Ellen Degeneres(actually a person’s letter sent to the show): she must partake of strong drink frequently and often.

1 Like

Actually they recently merged* with the Department of Redundancy Department. Together they make up the Redundantly Redundant Department of Redundantly Redundant Redundancies Department.

* This change was enacted in an attempt to reduce redundancy, of course.

9 Likes

Any further comment on this would be redundant…

1 Like

Any further comment on this would be redundant…

7 Likes

further.

3 Likes

That reminds me of a meeting with a network engineer whose not a native English speaker… after being told one of his points was redundant, he looked very puzzled and asked “But… redundant is good, no?”

3 Likes

My box was crushed and torn, with a couple of the handles missing. The Glowforge inside was fine. I kept it, because UPS had already destroyed and returned the first Glowforge sent to me, and I figured I was lucky just to finally get a working machine. I asked support if they would send me a free replacement box, because I want to be able to securely transport it (and I don’t want to spend $250 on something that was the fault of UPS). Support just said to tape up the box. I wonder if I should file a damage claim against UPS?

I believe GF is using 3rd party shipping insurance, or, self-insuring. The likelihood of getting a claim paid from UPS for damages shipping container is probably just about 0.

1 Like

more importantly, only the shipper can make the claim. the recipient has no standing to make a claim as you have no contract with UPS, glowforge does.

2 Likes

Hmm. I guess I’m wondering why Glowforge doesn’t just send me a replacement box and charge UPS for the cost? Either way, UPS did the damage, so UPS should have to pay for it.

Quite frankly, and not to sound like a jerk, because it’s designed as a shipping box. Not a personal transportation box. In the event your unit has to go back to GF, they are assuming the risk based on the now known condition of the box. No one is going to pay a claim on damaged shipping material. But, you’ve made it sound like you need a new box for personal transport.

2 Likes