Weird behavior at start-up (new GF)?

This topic category is basically a support line. The Support staff is likely rated on metrics like that at other companies. One customer to a ticket. If you do not wish Support to address your issue then feel free to comment or linger. But once the OP problem is satisfied the topic will be closed whether or not your issue is addressed. Your choice.

4 Likes

It’s one problem or issue per topic in the Problems and Support area of the forum. If you have a problem that you want them to address with your machine, start a new topic and it opens a ticket that they can research independently.

You can’t rely on the fact that your machine is doing the same thing that this one is doing - it could be caused by too many things. They can review the data logs for each individual machine, to see if the problem that you have actually is the same as the problem for the OP, and doesn’t just look like it from this end.

So if you want them to research what’s going on with your machine - start a new topic in the Problems and Support category. Or send an email directly to support@glowforge.com . (You don’t need to do both, just one. They both do the same thing, and doing both slows down the response time.)

Anything else and you run the risk of walking away dissatisfied, although I have seen them answer an easy one or two if they actually did turn out to be the same issue. But it’s probably not caused by the same thing, so it’s really best to just post a new topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just adding a data point and not opening another ticket. I was seeing this behavior from time to time. When I saw this thread I started to pay more attention at startup and saw it fairly consistently. I was thinking, hmmm, I have it plugged directly into the wall, then I remembered that is not true, I had it plugged into this…

…so I removed it, and have yet to see the issue again with a weekend of forging. Knock on wood!

5 Likes

@jaz I plugged it into the wall tonight, and turned it on. Very first time, it did the short power loss thing again. :frowning_face: Any other suggestions? Also, I’m not sure it was ever made clear whether or not this is expected – is it?

1 Like

My unit was replaced because the LED lights were flickering and sometimes way brighter than they should be. So much so that it would wash out the image in the camera. So, they replaced it with a new unit. This new unit seems to be running fine, but at start up it sometimes will have what appears to be a sudden power failure and then restart. I wasn’t sure if this is normal, benign, or a problem. Any official word from support?

1 Like

I get that one second power off too.

Thanks for all the information! There are several issues that can be responsible for these, ranging from a firmware update, to an issue with building power, to a Wi-Fi issue. It’s also possible there’s a bug - I will make sure the team checks it out.