What have you accomplished while waiting for the Glowforge?

Thanks! On Feb 1st, I got married!

24 Likes

Congratulations! :smiley::heartpulse::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::cupid:

6 Likes

Well now, thatā€™s a significant accomplishment. Congrats to you both, and I hope the other half is a Glowforge fan as well!

5 Likes

Heh, I donā€™t think she will be a fan of how big it is, or the potential smells coming out if it. Iā€™m sure she will like all the things I make for her with it.

11 Likes

made 1800 truffles
re modeled the kitchen
installed a new floor in the animal room
re decorated partially the family room
built a truffle box for my truffle molds
built an enormous butcher block
established a longer term relation ship
began deployment of windows 10 at a large enterprise
began deployment of office 365 at a large enterprise
deployed a massive analytics cluster for hosting utilization, predictions, monitoring
doubled VDI hosting capacity at a large enterprise
adopted a new rabbit
built a very large shed (its the size of a small house)
rebuilt a tool trailer
build and water cooled a new gaming computer

I am sure I am missing allot

8 Likes

Yep, still fatā€¦ but now I have a table for the Glowforge habitat.

6 Likes

Itā€™s great to see this topic still going on. Most of you have some serious accomplishments!

I have to add some more to my list. It feels like Iā€™m never getting to own a glowforgeā€¦

• My daughter was born
  • Went to Japan (and came back!)
  • Started remodeling another apartment
  • Finalized designs to completely demolish and rebuild the farmhouse

With a bit of luck the house will still be there before I finally get my forge but Iā€™m not counting on it. On the upside I do get to cancel the airfilter. Since the forge wonā€™t be living in a city apartment anymore but instead in my new garage/ workshop.

9 Likes

Gave my dog a haircutā€¦ now he has a twin

22 Likes

I took some pictures.

14 Likes

Pretty exciting stuff going on for me. I have filed a trademark registration for the name I use for my retail products, begun the paperwork to convert my sole proprietorship to an LLC, added a new wholesale customer with 4 more promising leads, just ordered a few hundred screen printed t-shirts including a brand new design, and just booked an order that makes 2017 already my third best year.

Iā€™m pretty pumped up right now and had to share. Now Iā€™m starting to wonder if Iā€™m pumped up by all of this or if those 2 cups of tea I had earlier werenā€™t really decaffeinated after all.

22 Likes

No, you have a right to be pumped up by this! Very exciting stuff! When you work for yourself you donā€™t get those team-building ra-ras and achievement awards and all that incentive stuff that working for a large company can bring you. Iā€™d say that list of accomplishments is definitely worthy of an achievement award! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Donā€™t you hate it when that happens? Chuckle!

Seriously, congratulations, it sounds like youā€™re kickinā€™ ass and takinā€™ names! :wink:

3 Likes

Just because A is true does not mean B isnā€™t also true.

1 Like

Whoooaaa there. You have to be careful. If you get too pumped up someone could sue you claiming your iconic postcard is false advertising.

Seriously, that sounds wonderful.

4 Likes

Well, itā€™s all relative. While I show slightly more emotion than @rpegg (Make Something: First Tests), itā€™s a rare day when people question the validity of that postcard.

6 Likes