What is next to your GF?

So now I am in the limbo between The Email and delivery. Woo Hoo! I need to make my cart. What are items that Glowforgers are keeping near the machine. I am picturing stuff like Gorilla tape or tools for retrieving things from inside or stuff I don’t even know about yet. Since I will be rolling the Glowforge around depending on if I am using the slot or not, I figure I should customize the cart to carry those handy items to wherever the action is.

12 Likes

Place to put the cutoffs or non-used material that you take out of the bed and the place to do post processing for masking. It gets very cluttered around my Glowforge because the small offcuts and the left over larger skeletons of material that may have some decent size usable parts left. Then a spot to put the pieces as you take them out and a place to pull of masking. Exacto knife or metal pick to remove small cutouts, especially if during a turn over engrave.

10 Likes

I’ll get you a photo when I get home.

1 Like

Calipers, masking material, scissors…

3 Likes

One of these:

https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Stainless-Precision-Weeding-Silhouette/dp/B01MS7E6T9/ref=sr_1_56?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1507082547&sr=1-56&keywords=vvivid&th=1

One of these:

1. A mister bottle of water to dampen flareups. (Haven’t had one yet.)
  2. Spacer sticks.
  3. A small Black and Decker Hand vac.
  4. A baby monitor.
7 Likes

There are some rather lengthy responses to that question on this forum. Hunt around a little bit. They get pretty detailed with links and everything.

Snacks. Get snacks.

11 Likes

I’m not sure. What is typically next to the parts bin in a factory? Lol

1 Like

22 Likes

Ahh, a shop after my own heart (and my wife would say I resemble that)!!!

2 Likes

Nice! I like how the sides of the Glowforge can be part of the workbench.

4 Likes

Nice Mark! I love my slat wall. I need to bang out a metal bracket for a ‘French cleat’ kind of hanger. That tape roll holder and spray can rack we saw in that video got my attention.

1 Like

Similar to most people, I have the following:

1. Calipers
  2. Gorilla tape
  3. Weeding tool
  4. tweezers
  5. xacto knife
  6. baby monitor
  7. cat
  8. glues, various
  9. other things I can’t think of right now
7 Likes

Blue painter’s tape
Masking tape
assortment of magnets
Magnifying glass
Rubbing alcohol/old toothbrush
Paper towels
Water squirt bottle
Glass cleaner
Masking paper
Single edge razor blade
Calipers
Absorbent rags
Trashcan
Me
A cold beer in the evening

8 Likes

Looking at the pictures, I wonder how many people also have a 3D Printer within 20ft of their laser? I know I do

5 Likes

We recently moved into a new house that has a dedicated office. My wife asked me, “It’s so dusty in your shop. Do you want to put the 3D printer in the office?” Um yes! This is the same wife that allowed me to use the new 2.5 car garage to be a permanent shop, no cars allowed. True love!

9 Likes

That is the second mention of baby monitor. Is everyone monitoring people babies or laser babies?

3 Likes

She’s a keeper for sure!

Laser babies. Sometimes you need a potty break. :smile:

5 Likes

Actual baby. Sometimes they need a potty break. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Check out all the Glowbabies! Glowparents: Glowbabies!

5 Likes