Where can I find a tutorial to design my own slotted standing Christmas tree file with illustrator

UPDATE -. I was having trouble with the slots -I am a beginner with illustrator and thought that I was creating the files wrong BUT, I figured out what I was doing wrong - lol. I forgot to ‘zero’ out my calipers when measuring the material that I was using. once I fixed that my pieces are now fitting perfectly! Thanks to all of you who offered help

Where can I find a tutorial to design my own slotted standing Christmas tree file and other standing items with illustrator. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What level Illustrator user are you?

Check the Tips and Tricks section - look at the bottom of the pinned select for “The Matrix” as it might have some stuff to help you.

2 Likes

Here’s an overview video I made awhile ago:

Thank you , I’ll check this out!
What I meant was something with slots like this that fit snug but not too tight. I would like to design sculptures that stand and are dimensional vs flat on a base

Thanks for the tips!
I’m using most recent version of CC Illustrator, which I am still a beginner at.
What I meant was something with slots like this that fit snug but not too tight. I would like to design sculptures that stand and are dimensional vs flat on a base

You can start with a design and modify it.

Or you can draw the boxes to the thickness of your wood and join them to the top and bottom of your copied and pasted work. I like the notch and hole so it clicks together.

Thank you! I will check our your file. I was having trouble with the slots - I figured out what I was doing wrong - lol. I forgot to ‘zero’ out my calipers when measuring the material that I was using. once I fixed that my pieces are now fitting perfectly!

1 Like

Aghh! That’s done me in before!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.