Where can we check error codes?

Hello,

I’m getting an error while trying to print. I suspect it’s overheating as its pretty warm today. But, is there a way to check? I let it rest for about two hours, and its cooler now but still won’t print. Did a reset and no luck.

I just want a surefire way to check why my unit won’t do a print. All i’m getting is a “Can’t complete print” error.

I would like to know if we can check our own logs.

Sure thing.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you hit a snag. I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and it looks like your unit is too warm to start a print. Right now, you can do the following to help your unit cool down so you can print:

• Go to https://app.glowforge.com/maintenance/fan and click through the prompts until you get to the ‘Start Fan’ page.
  • Click the ‘Start Fan’ button and allow the fans to run for 5 minutes.
  • You do not need to follow the rest of the “Fan Cleaning” instructions to move the Glowforge outside or use degreaser.
  • Click ‘Finish’ to exit fan cleaning mode
  • Try your print again

I’m going to share this with the engineering team to let them know that this is a problem. In the mean time, to prevent it in the future, you can try the following:

• Operate the Glowforge in a cooler room (recommended ambient temperatures are on the tech specs page)
  • Leave your Glowforge on with the lid open to circulate coolant (note that this may allow odors from the crumb tray to enter the room)

Unfortunately all logs are visible to the users. Thanks for the suggestion I will make sure the team gets it. I am going to lock this thread for now. If you are still having trouble feel free to start another thread.