Wine Bottle Gift Box

These are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. I am new to the GF community. I’d love to build one of these as a gift for some friends of mine who recently wed. I notice in the photos provided patterns cut into the sides of this box. Can anyone provide insight into how to get these patterns on to the template? I am using AI. Any insight you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! - Jeff

1 Like

Great looking design! Can someone share what type of wood they use and the thickness? thanks!

1 Like

Beautiful and very creative!

1 Like

It says 3mm Birch in the link under the photo.

1 Like

Thank you for your generosity as well as sharing the file.

1 Like

LOL,

my dad is an accomplished woodturner. and that is his observation as well. you don’t like this? but you want 400 of that? WTH?

1 Like

Wow these are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Lots to see in here.

1 Like

Did you use proof grade wood when you did this or other wood. And if it was other wood do you remember the settings used.

1 Like

We can only discuss settings of non proofgrade materials in the Beyond the Manual section. I am only guessing, but I don’t thing the original poster used Proofgrade material. For your future reference, here is a link to a spreadsheet with lots of helpful settings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sWOebDU94HwezYPbHa3YdtXjpLbEl_vEPvCb1dSByL4/edit#gid=317327148

1 Like

I did not use proofgrade materials, in fact I don’t even own a glowforge.
I used Birch plywood from Kitronik in the UK. I’m afraid that suggesting settings isn’t very helpful because so much depends on how clean/how well aligned/how uniform your wood has grown.

Use full speed and full power,
if the material burns, turn down the power. If the material doesn’t cut through, turn down the speed.

4 Likes

Are you using 1/4” or 1/8” material for this project . Thank you for taking the time to respond.

1 Like

3mm, but that’s 1/8" right?

1 Like

3.175mm - so the tabs may be tight, but it should be workable!

1 Like

I’ve got proofgrade ply that is 3.7mm. Most of it is 3.5, some 3.3.

2 Likes

Close its shy by .007" , thanks

1 Like

Those are amazing! Thank you for sharing the SVG. One of my son’s has a girlfriend whose mom has a wine distributorship (I don’t know anything about it but they have parties like Pampered Chef does; but you taste wine). His girlfriend brought over a couple of bottles the other day. I’ll have to make her one of these so she can carry a bottle home from her mom’s house in style. :wink: Who knows, maybe I’ll get another bottle.

4 Likes

These are beautiful! Thank you!

1 Like

This is most elegant gift box I’ve seen. Would love to make one for my Step father but I cant find the file anywhere.

The basic file shape is available from my blog for free if you want to put your own patterns on it but I also recently put the fretwork files up in my etsy store.

3 Likes