Won't cut through on the left side of the machine.. now no sides

I took my machine complete apart… cleaned all mirrors and lid lenses… inside lens cleaned exhaust fan and all… initially it wasn’t cutting through on the left side now its not cutting through all sides… Were there some updates or so… many people complaining about the same issue…

1 Like

Were you sure to replace the lens with the arrow on the side pointing up?

1 Like

Following thread:

2 Likes

Taking the machine apart and cleaning it and then seeing a problem does not point to an issue with the servers or Glowforge service, but with your machine, probably due to an oversight during reassembly. I would go through and check that everything is back in the correct place, especially all the mirrors and lenses.

I don’t see anything here on the forum indicating a widespread connection issue so unless it just hasn’t been reported yet I would start with a machine issue caused by your cleaning and or re-assembly process.

4 Likes

I had put it back together properly and I made some successful cuts with GF files and materials… Then it began mis cutting again… This am I went to look for another solution possible cracks or debris other places and there are none. I took the piece down that the camera head is on (I am not sure if thats what its called) I did not see any cracks but an additional fan was filthy. I cleaned it and now can get it back on properly… So I turned if off sent a message to support and I am waiting for a reply.

You already have an open ticket with support - sending duplicates just slows down their response. Next time, post the pictures here and you’ll get help from both staff and the community. At this point you’ll see this post closed and they’ll respond to you via email.

In the meantime: Cleaning Your Air Assist Fan – Glowforge will walk you through getting the head and carriage plate re-installed.

2 Likes

I only sent one email… I am not sure where you got I sent multiples unless asking here counts as an open ticket. If so I never got a ticket number referencing that… nor has anyone from support answered me…

Yes, posting here is opening a ticket. No stress, almost everyone does it at least once :slight_smile:

You would have received an instantaneous auto-response. If you didn’t then either your email didn’t reach them or theirs isn’t reaching you. Check your spam and add @glowforge.com to your whitelist.
If you still don’t see anything then this ticket here will let them know that you’re having email issues.
Beyond that, they don’t officially work on weekends so today is the first day you would hear from them, and they answer in the order received.

For future reference, there are 3 pinned posts at the top of the Problems and Support queue - the one I’m referencing states:
“Either posting here or emailing support@glowforge.com are good, but doing both is bad! It creates two tickets in our system, and because we can’t address it until we’ve linked them together, it makes your ticket take longer.”

4 Likes

Hello @curvygirlsarechic - I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this trouble with your printer.

Since there’s good discussion happening here I’ve closed the other ticket that came in to us via email and we can work through this issue together here

That link @deirdrebeth shared ( https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034142513-Cleaning-Your-Air-Assist-Fan ) should have all the steps you need to get that carriage plate back into place.

Once that’s back in place could you please let me know if you’re having any further trouble with how your printer is cutting?

If so, could you share some photos of the optical pieces in your printer? I’d like to check them over for any signs of issue.

Here’s what I’d like to review:

• Both windows

• The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head

• The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge

• The printer head lens

• Both sides of the lens, top and bottom

• The mirror inside the printer head

• The bottom of the printer head

Thanks!