Wood crayon box

Made one for my 6yo cousin. I added his name and a few turtles!

11 Likes

a Great project for adult coloring artists … they would appreciate the awesome box holding their favorite colors of crayons. TFS!

3 Likes

I have a new appreciation for all the designers! This is my first box and I love seeing all my mistakes. Name upside down, other Roblox is on the inside of the box, girls face is colored in and burned pretty good :smile: always learning! Wanted to share so you could laugh and remember the days of messing up the easiest of projects! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, Happy Quarantining!

7 Likes

Best way to learn is fixing your mistakes :slightly_smiling_face: A lot of what we do is trial & error.

4 Likes

I don’t see mistakes - I see a unique representation of a design. The name is definitely not upside down, you are sitting on the wrong side of the table.

7 Likes

I love your attitude :purple_heart:

1 Like

With the lid up, the name is right side up, and it will be up when in use :grin:

2 Likes

Happy Crayon day! Made small window pane type spacers between the two layers of the hole pieces so it could be easily taken apart for cleaning. Will go in granddaughter’s Easter basket. I’ll attach where I modified the AI file.

Small crayon box -test 3 with wood

11 Likes

Well done. This will be a nice addition to her basket.

1 Like

I did not present it well but figured that anybody could just load up my file and only print the frame, bottom right on the svg. I used 4 of medium grade pf to get the 1/2"

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! I love the design and my kids will love it too! Perfect to keep crayons organized.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. i made one for my granddaughter’s birthday!

2 Likes

Thanks very much! I posted a link to this in the Facebook group and it was really well-liked by the community. https://www.facebook.com/groups/GlowforgeHelp/permalink/733398797321683

Alright, consider me inexperienced. I made this as my first Box project as my daughter’s boyfriend loves crayons (he’s 19) and I thought it would be a nice little gag sort of gift for him. My problem is the lid won’t open like in the pictures above. Is there a “trick” or something to do with the section that goes inside the circle? As that is where the hangup is coming it looks like.

There is no trick. Can you share a photo and maybe someone will see what is going wrong. Did you use the original file or one of the modifications?

The rectangular piece of wood is exactly the same width as the diameter of the circle - so as long as you don’t get glue in there, it should work smoothly. Any chance of glue?

I absolutely love this! Thank you so much!

No glue in there.

1 Like

I used version 2 from this thread. Will try and get a pic later today, but it looks like the edges of the rectangle are sticking on the circle somewhat.

1 Like

Do you have a file you could share for this size if you don’t mind me asking?