Woodchucks Sale

I posted a question on their FB page since they have not responded to email and it looks like it gets removed or hidden instantly. Thats shady.

I wonder if they got overwhelmed with orders. They had very good prices.

Too good? Price them low, get tons of orders, run away to Uzbekistan? Guess we’ll see.

1 Like

I noticed they didn’t have a delay charging my card, but then that is probably automatic with their ecommerce software. My guess is part having a sale while trying to move and part the sale was more successful than imagined. Although, you’d think they would have fulfilled at least one or two orders.

1 Like

Oh, nice avatar trick. Very clean. How Scandinavian of you.

2 Likes

i sent them a facebook message instead of posting on their timeline. i think that’s what prompted them to contact me, both FB and email.

that said, they said “maybe” this week by today, but probably next week. and that was last weekend.

They better get it to me soon! They already cost me a $15,000 laser job! I mortgaged my house to pay for this order, and it’s ON THEM to fix it!

8 Likes

Maybe its on me, I didn’t have a project to loose with the delay of this order.

1 Like

I had contacted them via email and they said it would “indeed” ship this week.

I have a certain empathy for small business owners because life does sometimes get in the way. I just think communication is really important when it does, especially when you’re working with other small business owners.

I don’t have anything huge resting on this, but I do have some things I need to get done. If they don’t ship it out very soon, I’m going to need to order the materials elsewhere.

honestly, it left enough of a sour taste in my mouth that it will need to be an amazing deal for me to order from them again, and just something “i kinda want to have some of” in my shop. not something i need.

1 Like

I ordered only things that I wanted to have on had at some point, so I’m pretty chill about it. Woodchucks is the sketchiest-looking wood place I’ve ordered from, and will likely stay that way unless I finally get around to testing richard’s craft wood. Their site is… special.

Yes, I’m getting there myself. And we’ve learned that it’s not a good place to shop if you NEED anything at all.

That said, I was looking forward to having an inexpensive stash of mixed woods to play around with.

I got a reply from Suzi on FB, She sent my message to Dirk and said its very unlike him to not reply ect. I suppose it may be a case of they got more than they could handle, but I think @ChristyM placed an order before the rest of us and that has yet to ship. Well she guaranteed me I would receive a response today with a status update…

I am almost to the same point, too. But there was a similar delay in responsiveness and shipping with the laser tile place in Oregon, but they finally got all of the orders out. Months later, I sent them an email, asking about shipping costs for a larger order, and they responded fairly quickly. So I ordered again. I was not in a rush. It still took more time than is typical for the order to be shipped, but I did get it.

Depending on when I get my order from Woodchucks and its quality will influence whether I even consider trying them again. If I do, I will reach out first via email. If they are slow in responding, or don’t respond at all, they won’t get any further business from me.

2 Likes

the difference between these guys and laser tile is that the laser tile is a unique product i haven’t seen elsewhere. this is just wood, nothing special beyond the good sale prices.

2 Likes

Butternut in 1/8 is kind of hard to find, that’s why I jumped on it.

Then I said “eh, I want more walnut, and they have it wider than most… and I’ve never worked with cherry, so why not”.

2 Likes

Aww, he looks like a nice guy. Definitely don’t approve of his title font, though!

1 Like

he looks like the guy you want to visit in his store. but not the one you want to buy from online.

2 Likes

Yeah and he has 1/8" persimmon, locust, and sycamore, which I almost never see anywhere else.

1 Like

They took my money on Sept 13. Nothing since then. Has anyone actually received material from them!? :sunglasses:

Nope! Ordered on the 12th, after two un-replied to emails I finally got a response on FB that Dirk will get back to me today on the status of orders.