Things on the list are.
Berlin philharmonic (him indoors).
Stazsi HQ. (him indoors).
Bauhaus Museum (him and me).
Holocaust memorial (Him and me).
Jewish museum (ditto).
TV tower (friends birthday party).
Zoo (kids)
Art installation on the wall (everyone).
Beer (him)
Currywurst (him).
And the old photobooths which they have been restoring in the East of the city (everyone).

4 Likes

I’m not an emotional person, as a rule, but walking through the museum under the memorial itself completely overwhelmed me.

Go for a stroll to the Reichstag, IIRC it’s just across the road from the memorial, past the Brandenburg Gate, there are names carved into the flagstones/curbing of people that died trying to jump the wall.

Berlin was my city of choice to celebrate the arrival of the new millennium. Unfortunately it got shouted down in favour of Boracay in the Philippines.

1 Like

After some consideration of the space required for my GF and attendant materials, works in process, completed items etc. I’ve come to the conclusion I’m going to need two of these …

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4000000/tardis-exterior-tardis-4029155-1280-1024.jpg

17 Likes

I always keep a bottle of curry ketchup in the fridge. Best hot dog condiment around.

3 Likes

Him indoors went to Oradour-sur-Glane last year when he was working in France. Probably the only time he’s ever wept in public. He said it was seeing the smoke staining on the walls of the church that set him off. He knew that some of that smoke was literally all that was left of the people who died there.

3 Likes

Update on my space.

Here’s what the Glowforge will see from its table/workbench.
IT man is still setting up his servers, but the room is [mostly] finished. Trim below the ceiling should allow for either network cable or LED lights bounced off the ceiling.

13 Likes

Out of curiosity, why does the crown molding dip down like that left of the door?

Here’s my back production area in my office suite. It houses my two lasers, vinyl cutter, shipping station, and two computers…and a frig and microwave…:smirk:

This is the reception area
And I have two offices.

19 Likes

I could be wrong, but this appears to be a panoramic shot which distorts things.

2 Likes

Basement space. Ceiling had to go around venting.

@Xabbess, yes, my hands are shaky when doing panoramic; but @erin was right about dipping down. Since the trim is also a channel for networking or lighting, I had to work around obstructions.

3 Likes

Interesting. Then it was ME who wasn’t seeing things correctly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks rather Greek inspired. I like it!

3 Likes

@cmreeder if that is a fully configured server rack you need to make some serious considerations to cooling in that room figure at least 3btu per watt. And what I am seeing in that picture you may have some serious problems. Then again you may not fully configure that rack

(worked many a year in a large data center)

@smcgathyfay wow you have a larger operation then I assumed good for you!

1 Like

This is for my existing company Trendy Tribals, inc.
Www.Trendytribals.com has been around for 15 years.
Just adding the laser gifts and cutting services recently to change things up a bit…lol

4 Likes

You are right, @Clone. He is quite aware of cooling, power, and all that. The rack only has a few servers in it, and they aren’t full-time. If he gets to that point, he has to move them. We elected not to build in the infrastructure for serious data. Maybe in a future home.

1 Like

Starting to get really excited now!

17 Likes

You were so right. Berlin was amazing!
We will be returning.

3 Likes

that’s beautiful. I’ll have to remeber to take some updated pictures on my end

2 Likes

Getting soooo close now.

29 Likes

Looks great!
Wish I had that much room for a shop/studio! Very nice.

8 Likes

Much envy.

7 Likes