Yellow Light, Stuck Focusing

Hi all! I’ve got an email in for support, but I wanted to see if anyone might have a suggestion in the mean time. I have a glowforge pro with a yellow light. It starts up, the head does not move, and the dashboard says its focusing, then the yellow light comes up and it just stays there saying its trying to focus.

I have an external fan helping with exhaust, its in a cool basement, but not cold. It prints well, but out of the blue today It stopped.

Thanks!

1 Like

Check your white cable connections.

Thanks! I’ve checked the connection to the back of the print head. I’m not sure I should reach and mess with the ones to the left of the print bed. Thoughts?

I’d probably just visually inspect the one in the left side.

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting in this section, so they’ll be along soon to help out. They’ve got the ability to check your machine’s logs, which will give them a better idea what’s causing the error.

I’d also measure the ambient temperature in the room – usually if it’s temperature you’ll get the yellow light plus an error message, but I guess it’s possible for it not to display an error. The operating temperature range low end is 60ºF.

Thank you! Very helpful

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge has a yellow button and is stuck in focusing.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.