Yeti tumbler

Has anyone ever successfully engraved a yeti tumbler? If so, what settings did you use?

Not without cutting the bottom out of the machine. (Too large.)

5 Likes

There are no 2" yetis yet, so nope.

4 Likes

Thanks for the sarcastic answers. Wasn’t sure if it was possible to do it with the crumb tray out.

2 Likes

@Jules wasn’t being sarcastic, people have done this!

5 Likes

Yes, they have. (Didn’t say it was the best use of this investment, but there you have it.)

No.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find that people are way nicer here than most other forums, sarcasm isn’t generally the tone that we strike. Your response was the most sarcastic part! :slight_smile: I don’t blame you, most forums like this are filled with jerks.

Anyway, chopping out the base is definitely doable but what I’d call an extreme modification.

4 Likes

BUT you can make a cork or leather cup sleeve
or use one of these:

7 Likes

Here it is.

Chop away if you’re brave.

3 Likes

The few times that I have asked for help, I have gotten a great response. Reading responses can sometimes get misconstrued.

3 Likes

You can also buy laser safe masking for sand blasting. Then you get to buy a sand blaster.

You could probably do the same for chemical etching, but then you just get rubber gloves and chemicals and no sand blaster :frowning:

4 Likes

Or cut the tumbler in half :wink:

6 Likes

*Tumbler may not hold liquid after this method is utilized

11 Likes

:rofl:

Maximum with the tray out is specified to be 2" - that’s why someone cut the bottom out… :grimacing:

Or you can cut yourself a stencil and air brush the tumbler.

2 Likes

Aren’t they generally stainless steel? I was under the impression stainless was difficult to paint. Far from a paint expert.

I have a small air compressor and a simple air brush is on the list. But it is a long list. :unamused:

I have some glass etching materials. I may try that and see if it works. :thinking:

3 Likes

Just make sure the resists are laser safe. Many are meant to be cut on drag cutters and are made from a chlorine containing vinyl.

My wife and I did 3 Yeti tumblers (knock-offs actually) the day before yesterday. It’s the thing we take the bottom of our Glowforge out for most often! We’ve given away about 40 of them at this point.

4 Likes