2" Wooden Dice

I created a couple of these 2" cubes for my Harry Potter Monopoly set and used Lumos as the font.

I also created one for my brothers family. It has the names of all 6 of his kids. Yes, 6 Kids… Anyway, I thought they could use the dice to settle arguments, or see who has to do chores, or whatever. Let a roll of the die decide.

Not all that interesting, but here are some details on successfully engraving on 2" dice using a Snapmarks jig. The crumb tray needed to be removed, and this was the first time trying Snapmarks alignment without it. But whatta ya know, it worked! The jig was made of draftboard, and is about 1.5" tall. The wooden cubes were purchased from Amazon, and are just shy of 2" on each side. I had each face of the dice loaded into the same file, and proceeded to engrave each side separately after the jig was aligned. I realize that not everyone has access to the Snapmarks beta, but hope that will be a premium feature available soon. You could definitely use the jig without Snapmarks after a bit of alignment and test scores.

43 Likes

Thank you for the inspiration! OMG, this is so elegant.

3 Likes

Purchased cubes, or ?

Yup, Amazon. Link is in the thread, but here it is again:

4 Likes

Wow, this is amazing… there are so many things that could be done with this!!

I keep adding things to my “try this” list faster than I can try them.

4 Likes

Doh, not sure how I missed that.

2 Likes

Love the swirl effect!

3 Likes

I bought these a while back too, in addition to the 2" cubes. More like regular dice size, but added to a long list of things that need to be tried.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DK9XW6H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

The 2" ones were sold out, so I ordered some of these:

I cannot wait to try them out! This is exciting!

3 Likes

Nice. Those might be tricky since you’ll still have to remove the crumb tray. Create a jig so you can do a bunch at once.

2 Likes

True, about removing the crumb tray.

But, I wanted smaller dice too.

I think this will be a good time for me to try out the snapmarks before they go premium-only.

2 Likes

Amazon is going to wonder why there’s a run on these wooden dice all of a sudden.

5 Likes

So very cool!!

4 Likes

I love how the corners look with the multiple engraves hitting!

Hopefully they all have 6 letter names, or the kids with shorter names are definitely gonna win more often :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Yeah, I love everything about this! It is just so amazing.

I am trying to think up something I can do for my kids!

3 Likes

Put their favorite meals or restaurants on each side. Or movie genres. Can’t decide? Break out the dice!

4 Likes

I LOVE the favorite foods idea! They are always fighting over what to fix for dinner.

3 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

Nice piece of inspiration there man. The name die would be good when my dart-throwing drinking friends and I forget who’s turn it is after we go down a conversation tangent… :thinking:

5 Likes

Those are gorgeous with that pattern engrave on all sides! :sunglasses:

5 Likes