Adventure in canvas

Saw a few posts here and there about printing on canvas. I got a small pack of 1/8th canvas from a local 5 below (aka upscale doller store) and decided to print something out for my wife to paint/color

I probably got this about as good as I possibly can, she loved it and is trying to decide how she wants to color it.

Edit1: I couldn’t help myself… I had to make one for me as well. There’s a horror game series we both love called Bendy and the Ink machine, well there is a song called “can’t be erased” and this image goes PERFECT with the intro monologue!

Lyrics:
Ha ha ha ha! The wonders of imagination!
Welcome home, dear friend
Oh, how long we’ve all been waitin’
Let’s create a masterpiece, breathe life into your dreams
All you gotta do is start up the machine

Song: https://youtu.be/VNdIvPb196s

38 Likes

Small peace offerings to the wife emanating from the :glowforge: always help. :smiley:
I do that all the time.

8 Likes

You guys are smart! :smile:

10 Likes

It came out really great, I hope you post a picture of the finished version please.

9 Likes

That turned out great!

6 Likes

I absolutely will once she gets it done, not sure how long it will take though since it’s a 9x11 :joy:

5 Likes

Nice picture. Complex to paint but doable.

Not sure how acrylic paint would work on that canvas, but the paints below have become my go-to medium for things that need intricate color that spraying from a can will not resolve. Nice color selection and tiny + large tips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z6KLLWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8 Likes

Yeah paint pens have been a life saver the last year! We have a thick set and a finer pointed set, plus she loves painting and such so it’s right up her ally.

4 Likes

That is awesome and i agree about sharing a colored pic. Even partially finished would still look amazing im guessing.

5 Likes

Just throwing out one thing I recently determined by experimenting:
When you need a really fine tip, Posca is the way to go. (Amazon has a couple of sets of the extra fine tip pens.)

3 Likes

Yep those are the ones we love!

2 Likes

Great job there. Have you tried the multi-layered spray paint method? … many different colored layers of your favorite spray paint, then use the GF to remove the paint with varying degrees of power? I think you would like it as well.

4 Likes

I have not but that is definitely something to give a try to!

Check these out. @shogun did the first two and inspired me to try the following two. The process takes a bit of time and you never know exactly what you’re going to end up with but they are a lot of fun and some come out even better that you expected.

5 Likes